Eduard Fokker Dr.I 1:48

BerndM

Eduard Fokker Dr.I in 1:48 scale from the stash of half build kits.
The aircraft was flown by Lt. Hermann Becker, Jasta 12 based at Toulis, France in March 1918. Decals are from the kit and Eagle Strike decals.

It seems my curse to get nothing finished takes a break. The "streaky" Fokker paint scheme with olive green over clear doped fabric was done as a dry brush session which came out a bit rough and the camera found some more glitches but i think its worth to share.
Hope you like it.

Cheers

:pilot:

Bernd

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2018 at 8:07 AM, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Bernd,

Your Fokker looks great to me. Brilliant scheme you've chosen and the brush work turned out well.

Well done mate,

Cheers Greg 😉

Thanks mate :). Yes i have used a brush and nobody got hurt B)

I have some ideas to improve the streaky camo and hope to present a result soon.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:15 AM, Vince1159 said:

What a beauty,lovely job....

Thanks for the kind words :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, colin said:

Nice build of whats a very small kit even in 1/48

Thank you.

The Dr.I is really small. There is an aircraft museum here nearby in Hannover and they have some well made 1:1 replicas and the Fokker stands somewhat out between the other aircraft.

23 hours ago, Wonky Donkey said:

Nice job. Good to see another "not the red baron" scheme too. 

I've got an SE5 and fokker E. II on the go at the minute. Inspired me to get on with it! 👍 

Mick. 

Thank you Mick.

The Dr.I had so many interesting schemes and i have some further marking options to go. It was not my last Dr.I.

That sounds really good, what kits of the SE.5 are you building ?

I have two Roden kits in 1:48 and consider to get me the new tool Eduard as well.

Currently on my bench is Eduards Siemens Schuckert D.III Weeekend Edition.

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:worthy: Excellent Fokker ... And its not Red. 😉 

Thank you. I have the Dr.I 425/17 build some years ago so no need for another red one.

14 hours ago, pheonix said:

I have never been able to master the Fokker streaky finish so if I was able to paint one half as well as this I would be pleased!

That is a super model and as others have written, a nice change from red.

P

Thank you :)

The result in the photos is take two the first one was washed away with oven cleaner. Its always a challenge and no aircraft looked the same.

Aviattic is offering streaky Fokker camo decals and i am considering them for future builds.

12 hours ago, Martin Axe said:

Beautifully done!

Thank you very much :)

3 hours ago, BerndM said:

what kits of the SE.5 are you building ?

Hey BerndM

It's the Eduard profipack SE5 (wolsey viper). Not been an entirely painless build, it has to be said. My kids usually choose the colour scheme, unless I have a particular favourite, so ended up with the fairly common Grinnell-Milne scheme (red fuselage). 

The E. II is the weekend kit. That's been a pain in places too - fuselage fit in particular. Might be "user error" of course.... 😂 

W-D

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 1:45 PM, Wonky Donkey said:

Hey BerndM

It's the Eduard profipack SE5 (wolsey viper). Not been an entirely painless build, it has to be said. My kids usually choose the colour scheme, unless I have a particular favourite, so ended up with the fairly common Grinnell-Milne scheme (red fuselage). 

The E. II is the weekend kit. That's been a pain in places too - fuselage fit in particular. Might be "user error" of course.... 😂 

W-D

The red "Schwein(e)hund" is a nice choice and something i would consider as well. Guess one of the Eduards SE5a s will land in my stash in the near future i have studied the various instructions for the kits ( Profi Packs, Revell and the Weekenders ) online and the kit is pretty detailed but quite complex.

I had some problems during the build of my SSW.III which is designed similar ( was me for sure )

The open engine is a nice touch !

I have the Eduard Fokker E.II/III as a Profi Pack and will keep your words in mind when it comes to this one.

Cheers

Bernd

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2018 at 6:56 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Bernd. Hope you are well. I do like it! I think it looks excellent. Your wing paint effects are stunning! Very well done. :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

I have complety missed this, sorry. Thank you very much :)

• Like 1