Red Flag 81-4 - 118th Tac Fighter Squadron

Old Viper Tester

Oh great, more photographic evidence that a Hog can actually have open airbrakes when parked :thumbsup: Serves very well for my current build (not that I could change things at this point, anyway :winkgrin:. :rofl:)

Thanks for posting them, Keith! :thumbsup:

Ciao

21 minutes ago, giemme said:

Oh great, more photographic evidence that a Hog can actually have open airbrakes when parked

I have no doubt that the airbrakes (for a Hog I wouldn't call them speed brakes) could be left open when parked, but why would you? The two jets above are taxiing into their parking spots. In this case, whether or not they closed them once they were chocked and shutting down? Couldn't tell you (my memory is not that good!).

Cheers

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Old Viper Tester said:

The two jets above are taxiing into their parking spots.

Oops, didn't notice the pilot in (watching this on a small smartphone screen).

There was a discussion at the beginning of my build because it's very hard to find pics of parked Hogs with open airbrakes; I did actually find a couple, and @Gene K also provided a link to a video showing one like that, but the vast majority of available photos shows them closed. Alas, I did decide to pose them open, that's why I was happy to (apparently) see further confirmation. :shrug:

Ciao