"OLD. BUT RUNS!" - Scania LB 141 Tractor

tiking

It’s been mix feelings with this Heller kit. But seeing that it was a very old kit and compromises were taken into account, I now learn my way around such discrepancies in this kit. All-in-all, it was an ‘OK’ build, despite my frustrations. Barlas Pehlivan, was also kind to help answer some of my annoying questions, concerning this kit. So kudos to him. My apologies for the pics. I will take better ones later. It was very windy outside today and I could not get the right photos I wanted. Oh well, you can’t win every time.  Hope you enjoy the photos regardless.

I also added some wip photos o the interior, as it was difficult to get good shots of the interior after the roof and doors were install.

It’s been mix feelings with this Heller kit. But seeing that it was a very old kit and compromises were taken into account, I now learn my way around such discrepancies in this kit. All-in-all, it was an ‘OK’ build, despite my frustrations. Barlas Pehlivan, was also kind to help answer some of my annoying questions, concerning this kit. So kudos to him.
My apologies for the pics. I will take better ones later. It was very windy outside today and I could not get the right photos I wanted. Oh well, you can’t win every time. 🙂 Hope you enjoy the photos regardless.

I also added some wip photos o the interior, as it was difficult to get good shots of the interior after the roof and doors were install.

scania_141LB7-vi.jpg

2v2JrYUJ8xAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUEMxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUUNxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUv5xAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYU3yxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUozxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvzMxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvM8xAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvrNxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvN5xAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYv5yxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvydxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvdzxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYvFMxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUEMxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JrYUujxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, thorfinn said:

That weathering is absolutely beautiful!

Superb outcome for a difficult old kit!

Thank you. It was certainly most challenging. I mean, who chromed seats? Hahaha! There was so much chrome, I almost gave up. 

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Absolutely incredible outcome. You have really made some pieces of styrene look like weathered metal!

Thank you kindly. Glad you approve. 

34 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Beautifully done, very convincing! Both inside and out. 

Much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Brilliant! what fantastic weathering.

Cheers

John

Thanks for looking.

39 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Once again, tiking, a fabulous result.

Both inside and outside it's so impressive.

The pictures look good enough to me.

I appreciate your feedback.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Another cracking build Charles. The weathering is superb, but if the police stop it and see that tyre, the smelly stuff will hit the whirly thing. Those V8's were noisy so and so's.

John.

Hahaha! Then the driver would a have a very big problem, John. HiHi! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

My brother built this kit years ago as a kid  but not to this standard !  The photos are spot on to me . Well done . 

My brother drives a Volvo FH 16 now . 

Thank you. The FH16 are great. Great pulling power. I assume, it is an automatic? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, goggsy said:

Fantastic result. You can almost smell the diesel, farts, and old cigarette smoke in the cab.

Thank you kindly. Farts!!! Oh my! I hope not. Hahaha! 

4 hours ago, noeyedears said:

really convincing result, brilliant

Thanks. Glad you approve. 

• Like 1