Checking in

Toryu

A few weeks ago I joined Britmodeller, and as I have already participated in some discussions it seems like a good time to introduce myself.

I started my airplane modelling journey around 1965 with 1/100 scale Faller kits (Faller is well known for model train accessories) and - while I tested nearly everything (ships, jets, tanks, motorcycles) - I advanced to 1/72 Revell and Airfix and lingered a couple of years at 1/32 until I settled with 1/48 in the late seventies.

Early-on I became fond of Japanese aircraft of WWII, probably because they looked very exotic in Revell's dramatic box art and excited my imagination. Since then I have continuously expanded my knowledge of Pacific War aviation. Other special interest areas are the colourful fighters of the golden era and of the US Eighth Air Force in Europe. I have now built P-51s of 13 Fighter Groups (just the 20th FG is missing) but as this collection spans across nearly 40 years many of them cannot compete with my latest additions. Therefore I enjoy upgrading my earlier models whenever there are synergies with a current project.

I will soon present my first exhibit here which will be my latest build. I just need a few more days to take the pictures.

I'm looking forward to an enjoyable exchange with everybody on Britmodeller.

Cheers, Michael

• Like 2

Hello Michael ... :welcome: to the Britmodeller from the USA. Im a WW2/Cold-war Aircraft builder. For years it was 1/48th, switching to 1/72 currently because of storage space ( the lack of storage). Im looking forward to seeing your work. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Hello from Western Canada. Your story sounds a lot like mine, except I stayed with 1/72 scale. I have not completed any kits in over 30 years but I am now slowly working on an Airfix Hawker Hurricane, with the intention of completing it.

Chris

• Like 1