1/35 T-55AMV

My latest offering,It,s a TAKOM kit of the Russian Medium Tank depicted in the Syrian Arab Army 2014 colours,it is OOB build with nothing added,only thing I did do differently was I put the back guards under the log,just because I could,and I wanted more of the log to be seen,though I'm a little disappointed in the outcome,The Takom kit is very good to build,have done some in the past and find them fine,only thing with this kit was adding the ERA bricks,more me than the kit,but I think it sure adds to this Tank,Cheers and enjoy. 

tn_d05d8679-0c34-4ba0-92e7-4dece10ef1e6.tn_c05e565f-da3a-41e4-8780-7ca0535f1b4e.tn_b58656fa-fbf8-4c36-b4c1-acf31ca8aaae.tn_a72d4dfc-7fcf-470f-a352-a60d2ac6dcc6.tn_7679a2a3-3931-4efa-bcfe-1a8c6e0613af.tn_4272de1f-3396-41cf-8f67-e6f938293cf1.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Great job Jim. These Takom kits look nice. I've got the Tiran 5. What's the fit of the parts like? Are they on a par with Tamiya?

John. 

Thanks John,I have built a number of these Takom kits,and find them very good,I think they are on a par with Tamiya,Cheers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kris B said:

Nice one, good job Jim. What is next? 

Thanks Kris,what,s next that is the question??,I do have a lot of figure painting to catch up on,and my armour stash is getting low,nothing out there that has stirred me to buy,have attached a pic of what I have to build,the FT is 1/16 a good size for my ageing eyes,the DANA I bought to try something different,has over a 1000 pieces,got to work up the nerve to start that one,the King Tiger I just don,t know what colour scheme yet,and the armoured car looks the simplest to do.Thanks for asking,Cheers.

tn_6130a17c-318e-4518-855f-ccb43b24f5ae.

Hi Jim, nice T55, don't think the era blocks do anything for the looks of it, then again I doubt aesthetics come high on the list of requirements as far as mbt are concerned! After looking at the real thing next to Chieftains and Challengers surprising how small they are.

Great modelling though and good to see you back in the afv section. :thumbsup:

For what it's worth I'd do the King Tiger as I rather like the "Octopus" camouflage on the box art.

Cheers Darryl  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Jim, nice T55, don't think the era blocks do anything for the looks of it, then again I doubt aesthetics come high on the list of requirements as far as mbt are concerned! After looking at the real thing next to Chieftains and Challengers surprising how small they are.

Great modelling though and good to see you back in the afv section. :thumbsup:

For what it's worth I'd do the King Tiger as I rather like the "Octopus" camouflage on the box art.

Cheers Darryl  

Thanks Darryl for your comments and the input on my next build,regarding the T-55 I have built 2 others,and was looking for something a bit different,I do like the T-55,s,,and you may have swayed me to do the Tiger in its box art,Cheers.