1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21UM "Mongol-B" by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - Sabrekits MiG-21U "Mongol-A" (Bílek plastic) boxing

Homebee

2 minutes ago, Silverkite said:

Sprue layout is identical to RV boxing

Luigi

I have the RV too. The KP has more detail. For example, it has the airbrake which is simply engraved on the RV.

Martin

• Sad 1

I've been mislead again! Having looked again at the image above, the one containing the airbrake is also from a single-seater! :(

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Haha 1

No problems. The issue is that KP have posted the wrong photos on their website. I have now ordered two PFMs but cancelled the two Mongols. The KP Mongol IS the RV kit.

Martin

• 1 month later...

The KP “new” two-seater MiG-21 UM was on sale in the morning till they run out of them. What is inside the box, no surprise it is the RV kit repack with all that this entails. Left it there, simply no point.

Best regards

Gabor

On 11/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, ya-gabor said:

The KP “new” two-seater MiG-21 UM was on sale in the morning till they run out of them. What is inside the box, no surprise it is the RV kit repack with all that this entails. Left it there, simply no point.

Best regards

Gabor

Why not?
You have problem with it in general or just it would be redundant?

For me there is no point in wasting any time on it. There are different tastes and I am sure for some it is good and interesting. Good luck to them!

Fortunately we are all different and make our own choices and there is no single and only truth in which we all have to believe!

Best regards

Gabor

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, ya-gabor said:

For me there is no point in wasting any time on it. There are different tastes and I am sure for some it is good and interesting. Good luck to them!

Fortunately we are all different and make our own choices and there is no single and only truth in which we all have to believe!

Best regards

Gabor

+ 1  😡

Madcop

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, Luciano Caetano said:

Hi all. Is there any better 1/72 kit than this one?

No, Luciano, but dont think it is great because it isn't! The RV and the KP are the same moulds so that means otherwise you have to resort to old Bilek (not bad) or Eastern Express etc (awful).

Come on Eduard, get the message!!!!

Martin

On 6/6/2020 at 1:21 AM, Homebee said:

New boxing in view?

Box art

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3377764795568245&set=a.208144655863624

102656053-3377764798901578-1193959927356

V.P.

are there any other marking options for this new release? I dont have FB! Thanks.

Martin

48 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

No, Luciano, but dont think it is great because it isn't! The RV and the KP are the same moulds so that means otherwise you have to resort to old Bilek (not bad) or Eastern Express etc (awful).

Come on Eduard, get the message!!!!

Martin

Thanks for the answer. And i agree about Eduard getting this one done (and much others in fact). I got 2 MIG-15 done from them and they are awesome kits. Got a MIG-21PF on the way to my home too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luciano Caetano said:

Thanks for the answer. And i agree about Eduard getting this one done (and much others in fact). I got 2 MIG-15 done from them and they are awesome kits. Got a MIG-21PF on the way to my home too.

I built one as a Cuban aircraft last year: LINK.

Typical limited run - a bit rough and crude, to be honest. A decent quality kit along the lines of Eduard's single seaters would be most welcome.

Mike.

• Like 2

On 14/07/2020 at 13:37, MikeR said:

I built one as a Cuban aircraft last year: LINK.

Typical limited run - a bit rough and crude, to be honest. A decent quality kit along the lines of Eduard's single seaters would be most welcome.

Mike.

Nice kit, Mike. Thank you for the answer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Is there any sign of this emerging soon? I see that there is a claim to being a new mould so I'm intrigued and dont want to re-start my RV until I've seen the new KP offering. Any ideas? Also, does anyone know the markngs that are intended for this new release? 

Thanks a million!

Martin