1/60 Halcyon Alien Space Jockey

Hi all, this is the final reveal for the Alien Space Jockey diorama. As I previously mentioned in the work in progress topic, in order to give the model a sense of scale, I decided to add the background as it was depicted in the movie. I tried my hand at mold making and resin casting and this was my first attempt at using these products.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out, however my only advice to anybody trying to do anything similar is that you seem to need twice as much mold making silicone than you actually think you require. In order to get a nice solid mold, plenty of the silicone is required to pour into your donar part, otherwise you run the risk of distorting the casting.

Also, I treated myself to a new camera so that I could hopefully improve my photography in the future to enhance my model builds. Hope you enjoy the photos. My next project is the 1/9 Dragon Man of Steel Superman & 1/8 Moebius Wonder Woman build which I hope to start working on next week. Finally, you can see the work in progress of my build in the link below.

4uddZWd.jpg
V2AEpad.jpg
rV1fCze.jpg
ujOTnHZ.jpg
Qh0nkkx.jpg
NoaenI0.jpg
9WChaWU.jpg
UtlJP6n.jpg
l08AmF2.jpg
AUx1en0.jpg
ENoYu3V.jpg
vSHTTp5.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 23

• 4 months later...

dropped in for another look at your masterpiece here Lee - perhaps you should consider selling those backdrop scenic ribs as a garage product for other modellers to include in their builds of the same host kit

I love it - and I bet it was a pig to photograph

Thanks again,it was tricky to photograph,worked better with the white background i think,but as for the selling the background,i will pass on that,it was my first attempt,and i am no expert,just hope it gives other folk the inspiration to have a go,i will try something similar in the future that's for sure.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...