Stand By For Action! - STINGRAY!

Morning All!

OK, this isn't strictly a "work in progress" but more of an appeal to everyones knowledge....Also I hope that this is the right forum to post in, rather than the Maritime threads....

I have been for some time, been looking for a decent scale model of Gerry Andersons Submarine, Stingray...I have never seen one produced only toys that are not exactly the best.

My idea is to illuminate it as well as installing a small motor for the propeller.....

If any one has any knowledge if such a model kit existed or is still in production, I would be keen to find out!

thanks massively in advance if anyone can help :)

haha! SOLD!!! 😕

thanks for your help there @bhouse I'll keep an eye out.

Hopefully there may be one for sale at a not too expensive price tatthe International model show in Telford this November?

A little birthday treat for myself haha!

• 3 months later...

I've built two of those Doyusha kits - they are a bit problematic shape-wise - the body is too deep and there are some other minor issues (eg no cockpit detail, incorrect window shapes, stickers rather than decals) but when built it is recognisably Stingray

DSCF5237.JPG

DSCF6835.JPG

I scratch built a cockpit

DSCF6813.JPG

but didn't fix the window shapes as shown in this photo I took of one of David Sission's reproductions at the Smallspace show a few years back.

DSCF5835.JPG

I did have lights in mine originally but over the years something broke and they no longer work

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 2

Thats a decent price for it - so far... 7hrs to go so plenty of time for the price to skyrocket!

I've also got one of the Lee kits in the stash. Its smaller but a better shape - but they are even rarer than the Doyusha... as for the Midori kit, I don't want to take out a mortgage to get one of those!