1/72 Sword Raytheon U-125A JASDF

Robert

44 minutes ago, Truro Model Builder said:

There's not a long way from one of these to a BAe 125 CC.1/CC.2/CC.3, and thence to a Dominie...

I was thinking along the same lines. If they thought out the tooling well, other variants could follow without too much trouble.

One of the first civilian aviation models I built was the old Matchbox HS 125. It would be great to have that aircraft family done in modern toolings.

• Like 1

Pictures courtesy of JeffreyK . Certainly one of the nicest looking aircraft at the moment.

DSC_0105a.jpg

DSC_0396a.jpg

Robert

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, upnorth said:

I was thinking along the same lines. If they thought out the tooling well, other variants could follow without too much trouble.

One of the first civilian aviation models I built was the old Matchbox HS 125. It would be great to have that aircraft family done in modern toolings.

Same here ! A new HS.125 of any sort is welcome and this kit in itself is very interesting. If Sword follows this with a box dedicated to the -600 or a -700 I'll be even happier

• Like 1

Ooh nice! I always wondered why Hasegawa never got round to it in their biz-jet range.

Before anyone gets too excited about derivatives there are certain features unique to the -800 that need attention, namely:

* cockpit glazing - earlier variants had slab sided windows and not faired in to a more ‘pointy’ front end

* in plan form the wing was a new design, so reprofiling will be necessary

* the ventral area of the fuselage from the rear of the wing to the tip of the tail is not as faired in.

42976357090_bc47c8da0a_b.jpg

So in short, the engines, wheels and undercarriage are common to earlier Garrett fan engined versions. Not much commonality I’m afraid.

Having said that a civvie -800 would be nice.

Trevor

• Like 2

I think it would be a stretch to get Dominies and early series 125s from this, but even late 125s are very welcome!

looks good in those JASDF schemes (thx Homebee!), there is a striking VIP scheme aswel.

Be nice to see a S.Korean RC-800 boxing.

Edited by 71chally

Interesting that Sword is moving into a completely different theme. I do not think they did bizjets before. Maybe this is to continue their AEW range? Or is it Amodel and BPK gaining good money from their bizjet ranges?

Anyway more than welcome move!

Edited by Dennis_C

• 1 year later...