Content withdrawn - I will NOT be threatened by a moderator, simply because I queried the actions of another...

andyf117

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 9:47 AM, Seahawk said:

Is CROWS NEST up and operational then?  Or is this yet another capability to be gapped?  If the latter, the baton is surely being dropped rather than passed.

Its er....moved right....a few issues therefore a capability gap...and when it does happen the aircraft will be Merlin mk2 all fitted for but not with..not sure what the ASaC numbers will be but since an a/c can only be in  one role at a time never mind diff skilled aircrew it will limit the ASW role...still at least we are getting it

On 9/19/2018 at 11:28 AM, andyf117 said:

A pair of Baggers - down from the originally planned four - just crossed Carlyon Bay with a Merlin following behind...

I saw a video on FB taken by an oppo three cabs landed at Sultan ...pretty with all the other withdrawn marks lined up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, junglierating said:

I saw a video on FB taken by an oppo three cabs landed at Sultan ...pretty with all the other withdrawn marks lined up

Have you seen the pics of the WAFUS FB page, bloody good shots.

saw the 3 of them over Pompey harbour before doing Fleetlands and landing over @ Sultan.

but today I hear that the F-35s finally landed on QE - pictures & videos being released to the press tomorrow, so a happy end to the Fleet Air Arm at the end of the week.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, junglierating said:

Its er....moved right....a few issues therefore a capability gap...and when it does happen the aircraft will be Merlin mk2 all fitted for but not with..not sure what the ASaC numbers will be but since an a/c can only be in  one role at a time never mind diff skilled aircrew it will limit the ASW role...still at least we are getting it

Sometime.  What does this mean for 849 Sq, a squadron now without aircraft and with no immediate prospect of getting  any except what they can scrounge off other squadrons?  Quietly disbanded?