Thanks chaps :)

Started rigging. This is the second time I rig a biplane, and will try an improvent from last time by fastening the threads to the upper wing before attaching the wing. The lower wings have holes drilled straight through already m. I ordered ultra-fine fishing line (for tying flies) some time ago but it hasn’t arrived. I resorted therefore to stretched sprue, which should work just as good. Maybe I’m disillusioned, but I find Eduard sprue to stretch beautifully. Note to self: Heating 1cm of sprue about 5 mm from the flame until very soft, pull first sloowly while moving away from flame, then faster at constant speed. Yesterday I pulled 10 strings 2 m long this way. Stored them carefully in a box. When I opened it today I am more than ever convinced that sprue is as good as fishing line. 

It came out of the box this way:

gfg8MQV.jpg

Exactly like my fishing lines!

• Like 3

These Albatroses are looking excellent, Torbjorn. The detail painting is fantastic and I can almost see and hear the engines running! Looking forward to seeing your stretched sprue rigging. All the best. Mike.

• Thanks 1

As far as I know all rigging wires were colored black in some or the other rust repellent I may however be wrong.

Great job your work is truly neat and well executed.

Ragards:

Shaun