Whispering Death, FINISHED!!

modelling minion

And we're done!

I have to say that I have been thoroughly impressed with this kit from start to finish, with kits of this standard I can clearly see where Tamiya gets in name for quality from. It may not be a s detailed in some places as Revell's new kit seems to be but to my mind none of it will be visible with the fuselages closed up anyway and it certainly looks like a Beaufighter to me and captures the rugged look of the original very well, and everything fits!!

Enough waffling, here are some pics of the finished model, i will post some more in the gallery soon;

45205806535_1083fcb3f3_o_d.jpg

31177954837_eb5461d7bb_o_d.jpg

45393278684_03d7de0062_o_d.jpg

46117148551_5f64e554fd_o_d.jpg

45205816415_ab367b3e0a_o_d.jpg

44300818820_847d89f457_o_d.jpg

45393287734_6346010884_o_d.jpg

46117159661_f0bf045d62_o_d.jpg

45205830875_d0ec61abfd_o_d.jpg

And that's it, it only remains for me to thank our host Rich for organising another great GB which I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of and am really enjoying watching the excellent builds of other members on. 

A big thank you to all of you who have popped in to have a look and either "liked" or left comments or advice, it is always welcome and to my mind is what makes taking part in a GB so much fun and makes us all feel involved in whichever project we have decided to follow the progress of.

Craig.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Well for me, I think this is the build of the GB so far. Really good in every respect. 

Have to admit, this Beau is a real Stand-out and IMO joins Greg and his lovely Zero at the top of this GB's pecking order. 

That is one stunning finish to a great model and typifies the way this aircraft would have appeared back in the day. This is truly inspirational stuff and a good reminder to crack on with both my GB build and the many other Beau kits I have acquired in the stash. 

Cheers and wonderful modelling.. Dave

• Like 1

Hello Craig! Well......what can I say?..............other than that is an absolutely stunning result! You have really captured the look of a working Beaufighter! Awesome modelling! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Have to admit, this Beau is a real Stand-out and IMO joins Greg and his lovely Zero at the top of this GB's pecking order. 

That is one stunning finish to a great model and typifies the way this aircraft would have appeared back in the day. This is truly inspirational stuff and a good reminder to crack on with both my GB build and the many other Beau kits I have acquired in the stash. 

Cheers and wonderful modelling.. Dave

14 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hello Craig! Well......what can I say?..............other than that is an absolutely stunning result! You have really captured the look of a working Beaufighter! Awesome modelling! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

You guys are going to make me blush at this rate!

Thank you both for your extremely kind words, Dave I look forward to seeing your Beau builds.

• Like 1

what a stunningly model and beautifully built, superb job Craig!  :worthy:

I loved it so much I....no I didn't buy the company but are currently bidding on the same model with extra RAAF decals included!! :D

Those closeup photos really show the quality of your work, well done mate, you should be very proud of her.

I'm glad you joined us and enjoyed yourself, alway a pleasure to have you along.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

what a stunningly model and beautifully built, superb job Craig!  :worthy:

I loved it so much I....no I didn't buy the company but are currently bidding on the same model with extra RAAF decals included!! :D

Those closeup photos really show the quality of your work, well done mate, you should be very proud of her.

I'm glad you joined us and enjoyed yourself, alway a pleasure to have you along.

Cheers Rich,

I take that as a great compliment that you're buying a Beau after seeing mine, actually can't think of a higher one. I think they are a great looking aircraft and the Tamiya kit is superb, you'll love it.

Really have enjoyed this GB and will keep watching the other builds, there are some cracking models on here.

I look forward to you joining me when we re-visit Asia for the 80's GB next year and we swap roles!

• Like 1