Hawker Typhoon 1B

37 minutes ago, neil5208 said:

Excellent choice, bomb armed or rockets?

The plan is bombs as I also have the Academy 1/72 Typhoon in the stash which only has rockets in the kit. The idea being one of each, bomb and rocket armed, Typhoons.

Well, I suppose it's a bit more than a plan as I've drilled out the holes for bombs. 😃

Edited by Roger Newsome

Blimey Roger, you don't hang around!

Fair warning my mate, back end of hurricane Amy? Is headed your way, tell the skipper 'pointy end towards Blighty'......

It's batten down the hatches time, pack away the sharp things and resort to crayons and finger paints, it could get messy!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Blimey Roger, you don't hang around!

Fair warning my mate, back end of hurricane Amy? Is headed your way, tell the skipper 'pointy end towards Blighty'......

It's batten down the hatches time, pack away the sharp things and resort to crayons and finger paints, it could get messy!

There's no time to hang around Paul, too many kits to build. Thanks again for this.

It's calm here at the moment but this afternoon was spent preparing for what maybe heading our way. A few days of dodging up and down and extreme modelling is on the horizon. 😃

• Sad 1

That's a good little kit, and builds up fantastically!

I know that Airfix says medium sea grey in the undercarriage bays, but in the instructions to the 1/24 Monster-Tiffy they go for Aluminium instead.

I think the general consensus is that Alumunium is the right way to go now, but I'm sure our resident experts can prove this 😎

Other than that, it looks like a good start!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Christer A said:

That's a good little kit, and builds up fantastically!

I know that Airfix says medium sea grey in the undercarriage bays, but in the instructions to the 1/24 Monster-Tiffy they go for Aluminium instead.

I think the general consensus is that Alumunium is the right way to go now, but I'm sure our resident experts can prove this 😎

Other than that, it looks like a good start!

Thanks very much Christer, I really appreciate you pointing that out. Time for a bit of research I think but if anyone can confirm the correct colour that'd be great.

Edit. That didn't take long. I did a Google search and the first hit was a link to a thread on here from 2015, aluminium paint it Is! 😃

Edited by Roger Newsome
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2018 at 7:20 PM, Roger Newsome said:

It's quite a bit brighter now....

20180919_181005

Where is that? I was working for som years in a roro-ship going between Gothenburg, Immingham and Rotterdam...

Cheers / André

20180921_145056

What's this, frog?

Mr Finishing Surfacer 1500, Dinosaur.

I've found a couple of areas that require further attention with a tiny amount of filler and some sanding but it wont be long before I can get a coat of Ocean and Medium Sea Grey down using the Mr Finishing Surfacer as my black base coat.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Courageous said:

And why are those creatures on your vessel...do they tell you your mistakes?:rofl:

Stuart

Lol, those creatures live in my dhoby bag and have been coming to sea with me for years. They belonged to my children who are all in their twenties now.

I was going to make a skimmer joke about submariners not knowing what a dhoby bag was but I won't. 😆

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2018 at 11:48 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nice choice 👍 I have a set of those masks for a Tempest. I will follow to see if they work or if i need to stay with my tape/Tack worms ? 

Dennis

I just used the 1/32 Tempest version. They work very well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1