Airfix 1/72 Victor B2

6 hours ago, Col. said:

Do both! :D 

No doubt I will. Anyway I’ve just realised I might end up doing the camo option, which makes the mask redundant (as I’ll be brush painting the camo) so maybe I’ll cancel that order. Anyway haven’t started it yet, but the box is now occupying the bench 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Although I've not paid much attention to this new kit from Airfix until now it sounds to be well engineered going by your descriptions so far Stu. Makes it sound tempting :hmmm: 

• Like 1

Uh oh. Not heard metion of this quirk in the Airfix instructions yet but then again I've not seen the new Victor kit built by anyone else yet. Hopefully not a major task to correct it.

16 hours ago, Col. said:

Uh oh. Not heard metion of this quirk in the Airfix instructions yet but then again I've not seen the new Victor kit built by anyone else yet. Hopefully not a major task to correct it.

Instructions are on then airfix website, checked them again an it definitely tells you to cut them off for flap down mode, that really is a silly error. 

victor

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

That's a lot of filler. Not one of Airfix' best fitting kits I'm guessing?

Guessing most of that is self inflicted though I do have to shift the blame to the kit for the rear fuselage fit and the fact the horizontal stabs needed surgery to fit. Also as bad as the filler looks I applied it very liberally, was about to go out so just slapped it all on. Anyway left it to cure and will hopefully start sanding tommorow. Also started the supersabre, not posted the thread yet but I’ve recorded the progress, the fit of the gear up parts is a possible concern and may end in the build being a 1970s scheme instead

• Like 1

Glad to see I am not the only one who can be intimidated by a kit and just leaves it sit there for a while! I am a bit disappointed at some of the fit issues though, I thought Airfix were finally making decent products now days.