Airfix 1/72 Victor B2

Forgive the lack of updates but didn’t get round to trying the white till now, and whilst it brushes nicely as expected from XA, it isn’t pure white, it’s off white, so looks like I’ll have to buy some Vallejo gloss white off amazon, which is an add on item, so gives me an chance to buy something nice :) edit added a pic starboard wing is Humbrol gloss white, port is the XA off white 

44333631565_cd04beb755_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Vallejo White has arrived, brushes on nicely and this time is actually what is says on the tin, I shall post a pic after the entire model is painted, only done one coat on the port wing. Thinking back I'm guessing the XA is meant to be USN gloss white, which is often attributed as gloss off white, though as far as i can tell if true was only for the pre federal standard era, as I've never seen a post war USN aircraft thats not gloss white. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

It’s doable, find tubes of the right size and fill around the nose, though not a simple job. Nose peice is actually it’s own separate part so might be worth trying airfix spares, need a couple of parts from other kits anyway 

25 minutes ago, Col. said:

Is it a simple enough part to replace with a piece of stretched sprue or rod sanded to shape?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Discovered Vallejo gloss white doesn’t like hot water, so stripped it for the most part back at a crossroads moving forward whether to repaint with Humbrol satin white, spray appliance white or see if I can buy the k2 parts from airfix and convert this and finish it in the hemp scheme 

33163457268_3f95d307ee_b.jpg