I hope this is a (bad) joke....

roym

3 hours ago, Madoc said:

And as an other American I also feel it my duty to remind all that voter fraud was rampant in that election and that some studies have shown that the number of illegal alien voters - i.e. those not even legally allowed in the country and especially not legally able to vote in our elections - was at least 3,000,000 nationwide.  Subtract their votes along with all the other voter fraud and there's every reason to believe that Trump may have actually won the popular vote as well as the Electoral College vote.

The "some studies" claim was made by former Press Secretary Sean Spicer, who no doubt inadvertently conflated several different studies. Suffice it to say, no, three million noncitizens did not vote in the election.

3 hours ago, Madoc said:

And that "quirk" in how the United States elects its president is there to ensure that each presidential candidate has to pay attention to the entire country and not just the few states within it that have the highest populations.  Otherwise it would only be - and always be - the states of New York, Florida and California - which decided our national elections. 

Uh, no, no it would not. Combined, those three states have only a quarter (well, 26%) of the country's population, so even if every single adult of voting age voted the same way -- which, I mean, come on -- there would still be ample numbers of Americans left over to vote down this sinister trio. And if you think candidates pay attention to the entire country now, you're crazy. They focus on states where they believe they have a chance of winning and which have a large number of electoral votes. There's not a lot of campaigning in Rhode Island or Wyoming during a presidential election. As it happens, under the current system, a few states with large electoral college vote counts and near 50/50 ideological splits assume disproportionate importance in national elections: Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, etc. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madoc said:

I find it pretty amazing that despite the non-stop negative press and over the top hate directed at him that he's gotten so many positive things done for the nation and the world, actually.  The end of the Korean War, the denucularization of North Korea, the elimination of ISIS 

Just curious, is that really how the American news are reporting things ?

Yes, he's got the ball rolling  - but the tasks are still far, far from complete.

• Greg B locked this topic