I hope this is a (bad) joke....

roym

6 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

I would not buy any kit that comes with a model of a Politician, whether they be democratically elected by millions of voters or elected at the end of a gun.  Lower than snakes, the lot of 'em.

Really do question what numpty thought that was a good idea, smacks of a Friday lunchtime session followed by a 'brainstorming' session...

Interesting opinion that includes Winston Churchill....

On 18/09/2018 at 16:54, bhouse said:

I don't know. 🤔 It could form the basis of a good diorama if MasterBox would bring out a Stormy Daniels figure 😱😀 

Perhaps but just quite how would you mount them both?  :wicked:

and is it just me or does the resin figure look more like Kelsey Grammer ?  :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Procopius said:

A pity the Eduard Putin figure is 1/48 scale, or diorama possibilities would abound.

T-14 Armata with Putin and perfume bottle perhaps.

Meng could have a whole new product line here

20 hours ago, bhouse said:

Here you are. He's obviously popular as he's sold out at the moment. 

Brian

Probably because a lot of people want to ritually burn the figure!

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, bhouse said:

I don't know. 🤔 It could form the basis of a good diorama if MasterBox would bring out a Stormy Daniels figure 😱😀 

I could think of an even better diorama - Trump standing on an Aberdeenshire golf course and staring disconsolately at an offshore wind farm! (You would have to live here in God's own country to appreciate the reference!)

Allan

ps - sudden thought. Does anyone do a figure of Vlad the Impaler..............................!!!!!:wicked:

pps - Just occurs to me that the figure is fatally flawed and hopelessly inaccurate. The head is far too big for the size of his brain

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Terrain Safe said:

Happy to include Churchill in that.  Lost respect for that Gent when I read about his treatment of Bomber Command at the Wars end.   

Winston Churchill said, in 1940: "The fighters are our salvation but the bombers alone provide the means of victory." but he failed to even mention Bomber Command in his victory speech on VE Day in May 1945.  @55000 dead airman ignored for Political expediancy as he realised their efforts would not be universally praised post war.

A great Politician for the war without question, the leader the Country needed, but still a Politician through and through (to go from Tory to Liberals back to Tory suggests he was happy to be 'flexible' in his options).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Madoc said:

Wow.  You guys have no imagination!  Can't you see that having the Trump figure available allows you to readily make this vision come to life in scale form?

the_donald_by_sharpwriter-da0eh6b.jpg

I'll see your Gattling gun armed eagles and raise you.....

6a00d83451d22169e2011168f7c48e970c-pi

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

Happy to include Churchill in that.  Lost respect for that Gent when I read about his treatment of Bomber Command at the Wars end.   

Winston Churchill said, in 1940: "The fighters are our salvation but the bombers alone provide the means of victory." but he failed to even mention Bomber Command in his victory speech on VE Day in May 1945.  @55000 dead airman ignored for Political expediancy as he realised their efforts would not be universally praised post war.

A great Politician for the war without question, the leader the Country needed, but still a Politician through and through (to go from Tory to Liberals back to Tory suggests he was happy to be 'flexible' in his options).

The reality is that we can find fault with every single politician that has ever held public office. With just a few exceptions, every single politician I can think of is a slime-ball in some way or other. For all his faults, Trump might actually be no worse than the majority of his predecessors, it's just that he doesn't give a flying fook about courting popularity. His general views are those of an older generation, perhaps, and he has little regard for the liberal left or political correctness. It says a lot about the political classes in the USA when Trump is able to beat the competition. 

BM.

• Like 6

With horror I'm waiting for what will be done in response to this model trend  by Meng, manufacturers:

- Zvezda*;

- Airfix; 

- Heller;

- Revell

.....and especially  MiniArt**!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

________

* - no tanks! Forget about Т-14 Aramata! 

Only bear - only hardcore!!!

😉😁😁

* *-  b.w. the first part of the MiniArt set has already been released

...... it remains only to add a figure!

😉😁😁😁

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Terrain Safe said:

A lot of Irish people (and I suspect a much larger number of Indian citizens) would go even further than PLC1966s reference to serpentine creatures. 

Since I started this thread I've been thinking a bit more about it (and entertained along the way). I have remembered the wonderful Wallace And Gromit display at Telford and the wonderful imagination shown in the built models. Maybe this (and the other mentioned figures of the other 2 heads of state) might provide the opportunity to do something similar? (With near equal comedy results?)

18 minutes ago, roym said:

A lot of Irish people (and I suspect a much larger number of Indian citizens) would go even further than PLC1966s reference to serpentine creatures. 

It's sometimes difficult to account for the actions of politician;, I'm thinking here of Eamon DeValera, who, as Taoiseach, expressed official condolences to the German minister in Dublin on the death of Adolf Hitler.  Perhaps it's as well not to go down this route, though, as it will inevitably end in the thread being locked

• Like 1

Well the pose they've molded him in shows what Meng think

Edit, the pose I was thinking of was the box art, looking at the other link it's nothing like the figure in the kit.

Meng probably wont go with that box art, pity

19 minutes ago, 593jones said:

It's sometimes difficult to account for the actions of politician;, I'm thinking here of Eamon DeValera, who, as Taoiseach, expressed official condolences to the German minister in Dublin on the death of Adolf Hitler.  Perhaps it's as well not to go down this route, though, as it will inevitably end in the thread being locked

Agree with you on both Dev and thread lock risk.

Agree with all the comments. Feel it’s my duty as an American to remind all that he lost by 3,000,000 votes and serves (?) due to an 18th Century quirk in US Constitution that was probably intended to ensure that no one so unfit or unqualified ever gained Office (think George III). Hopefully this will ring down the curtain. Modelling is supposed to relieve stress not cause it.

• Like 3

Everyone is looking at this issue from the wrong perspective. The Chinese have very long and deep experience about how to treat those in authority. Two millennia of rule by the Emperor's Court Eunuchs and sage bureaucrats have built their cultural memory. Trump is a very vain man with a weak ego who can be won over with false praise and flattery. https://bestlifeonline.com/compliments-men-cant-resist/

Praise his name and Trump will not harm you, but instead he'll use his power to protect you - if you are seen as a sycophant and obsequious minion. Of course the more Machiavellian will use these flaws in Trump's character to their advantage. Court Courtisanes and hangers-on all are climbing the ladder. Chaos is that ladder.

Be salubrious and praise Trump's virility. Comment on his huge "Poll Numbers" and how big the mushrooms are in the chicken Marsala when you dine with him. Mention that he looks forty years younger than he actually is. Praise his golf game every three day weekend you hit the links with him and tell him, when you see the fake covers of Time Magazine featuring his photo that he hangs on his walls, how fantastic it is that he's been honored so much by the "Fake News". Tell him that he's loved. He really is an eight year old boy with the insecurities of a teenage girl.

Now what has this to do with Santa Trump on a 1/35 scale Abrams manufactured by Meng?

Tariffs.

(Smoot-Hawley here we come!)

Trump is slapping import taxes that Americans have to pay when they buy Chinese goods - including toys. Interestingly, Trump is not imposing import taxes on the Trump branded goods that are made in China. Ivanka's cheesy fashion wear will be cheaper that Louis Vuitton knockoffs. Americans will be less likely to buy from Meg because of higher taxes on their goods.

Meng has calculated that flattering Trump and making it look like he's won "The War on Christmas!" will spare Meng from having taxes slapped on their products.

Me I'm just waiting until someone who studies the Atlas of Economic Complexity returns to leadership. (http://atlas.cid.harvard.edu/) At that point the 18th Century thinking about how the world works will fade into history and the Chinese can get back to focusing on building One Belt, One Road. The American Century is over and China is rising to fill the void in leadership.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

Agree with all the comments. Feel it’s my duty as an American to remind all that he lost by 3,000,000 votes and serves (?) due to an 18th Century quirk in US Constitution that was probably intended to ensure that no one so unfit or unqualified ever gained Office (think George III). Hopefully this will ring down the curtain. Modelling is supposed to relieve stress not cause it.

And as an other American I also feel it my duty to remind all that voter fraud was rampant in that election and that some studies have shown that the number of illegal alien voters - i.e. those not even legally allowed in the country and especially not legally able to vote in our elections - was at least 3,000,000 nationwide.  Subtract their votes along with all the other voter fraud and there's every reason to believe that Trump may have actually won the popular vote as well as the Electoral College vote.

And that "quirk" in how the United States elects its president is there to ensure that each presidential candidate has to pay attention to the entire country and not just the few states within it that have the highest populations.  Otherwise it would only be - and always be - the states of New York, Florida and California - which decided our national elections.  It's sad to see the calls coming for the elimination of the Electoral College as that shows how poorly American Civics has been taught in our schools.  It's also interesting that such calls only come out when it's one particular political party which loses the Electoral College count...

As to Trump himself?  I find it pretty amazing that despite the non-stop negative press and over the top hate directed at him that he's gotten so many positive things done for the nation and the world, actually.  The end of the Korean War, the denucularization of North Korea, the elimination of ISIS and a stunning turn around of the US economy are but some of those things.  It's telling that so many would choose to ignore all that in their rush to join the mob being so blindly hateful.

And mind you, this is from a guy who did not vote for the man.

Now, with all that being said, can we please get back to discussing model kits?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Madoc said:

And as an other American I also feel it my duty to remind all that voter fraud was rampant in that election and that some studies have shown that the number of illegal alien voters - i.e. those not even legally allowed in the country and especially not legally able to vote in our elections - was at least 3,000,000 nationwide.  Subtract their votes along with all the other voter fraud and there's every reason to believe that Trump may have actually won the popular vote as well as the Electoral College vote.

And that "quirk" in how the United States elects its president is there to ensure that each presidential candidate has to pay attention to the entire country and not just the few states within it that have the highest populations.  Otherwise it would only be - and always be - the states of New York, Florida and California - which decided our national elections.  It's sad to see the calls coming for the elimination of the Electoral College as that shows how poorly American Civics has been taught in our schools.  It's also interesting that such calls only come out when it's one particular political party which loses the Electoral College count...

As to Trump himself?  I find it pretty amazing that despite the non-stop negative press and over the top hate directed at him that he's gotten so many positive things done for the nation and the world, actually.  The end of the Korean War, the denucularization of North Korea, the elimination of ISIS and a stunning turn around of the US economy are but some of those things.  It's telling that so many would choose to ignore all that in their rush to join the mob being so blindly hateful.

I'm a big fan of the late, great, Christopher Hitchins, and he was fond of saying "what can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence". That statement certainly applies to the "3 million fraudulent voters" claim. Many of the news outlets that ran that story, when challenged to demonstrate facts to back the story up, could not. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/three-million-votes-in-presidential-election-cast-by-illegal-aliens/

Mike - apologies if I've breached forum rules here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madoc said:

What a load of propaganda. Especially the BS about the illegal aliens and voter fraud. The system isn’t so broken that 3 million votes would sneak through.  The rest is disturbing too.

• Like 1