F/A-18C Academy 1/72 (12411)

blaza

QJrekDf.jpg

F/A-18C Academy 1/72 (12411) OOB build.

Finally managed to finish this hornet. Just a few notes some may find useful...

Planned on replacing included (in-house - not cartograf) Academy decals with print-scale 72-044 blue diamonds f/a-18c decals but was not able to do so due to dimensional problems with these decals and academy kit.  Ended up using included academy decals.

I'm not sure if this is related to bad decal dimensions or kit dimensions but decals are few percent bigger then they should be for this kit and if you ask me useless for academy mold of hornet  so avoid them if you intend to replace academy decals for this kit.

The only Hornet I've built before this one was Revell's (04894) repack of old ('80s) Italeri mold and Academy's mold is much much better compared to that one.

Vallejo acrylic paints and washes were used in the process. 

Now the pictures...

r471676.jpg

SY8rjpR.jpg

QMQzOk0.jpg

Y307aJb.jpg

3arRsy3.jpg

HGWOH9v.jpg

7dQPyLD.jpg

aM9iGEU.jpg

5Q8qYsu.jpg

VhHGcwu.jpg

DxRQtKi.jpg

nTGPSlU.jpg

8oAY63D.jpg

HOoSWWy.jpg

Edited by blaza
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 2

A good looking build you've posted there. I've just picked up the VFA-192 Golden Dragons edition of this kit and it looks impressive in the box. But your advice & tips are really helpful (Thank you) as I was going to use aftermarket decals on it........so I'll do some checking before adding water !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FIGHTS ON said:

A good looking build you've posted there. I've just picked up the VFA-192 Golden Dragons edition of this kit and it looks impressive in the box. But your advice & tips are really helpful (Thank you) as I was going to use aftermarket decals on it........so I'll do some checking before adding water !

VFA-192 Golden Dragons kit (12564) includes very good Cartograf decals so you can avoid looking for aftermarket decals. Good luck and great modelling!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FIGHTS ON said:

They should be fine as are cartograph decals in that vfa192 boxing. So should be of a good quality and sized fine.

The std boxing as done oob above comes with normal ‘printed in korea’ academy decals, which @blaza has done a terrific job with 👍🏿

Nice build and paint too 😎 

• Like 2

Hello Blaza,

Remarkable what you can do with a 1/72 scale model.

Excellent finish. regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1