Hasegawa 1/48 F104 Starfighter

colin

• 1 month later...

A bit late with my comments here @colin, but have only just seen this one. An absolutely superbly finished F-104. I really like the subtle panel line washes, and the overall tones. Cockpit interior looks exquisite. Excellent results. Although I mostly build 1/72 Aircraft, I intend to build some 1/48, and I do have three Hasegawa F-104's in my stash. This is an inspiration for me to start one!

Also @RidgeRunner and @72modeler, that video is superb. I can also still recall the sound of F-104's back in the 70's and 80's at various air shows. Belgian and Dutch solo acts at Biggin Hill, and the tremendous Marineflieger duo (the Vikings) at Fairford. The star part of that show for me was when one would come in with wheels and flaps down, as if to land, and as he crossed the threshold at a couple of hundred feet, the other would come in from behind, lower at full power and pass right underneath! Sheer entertainment. Probably wouldn't be allowed these days. You can see an example of it in this clip from about 0:56 onwards:-

Would love to see that Norwegian D in action.

Happy days indeed!

Terry

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I only just seen your superb 104, and i have to praise you for your great outstanding work. Right now the Kinetic 104 is released and i have bought a one already. Thats why i am looking for inspirations and your model is fantastic.

BTW the video of the Vikings Demo Team is very impressive.

Edited by Harry Callahan
  • Like 1