1/48th Merit Gloster Gladiator Mk.I, 87 Sqn `zapped by 601 Sqn' 1938.

tonyot

Another super model from Tony!!

The old Merit kits were good, weren’t they?  I’ve a Gladiator, Flycatcher and Bulldog somewhere in the stash, and some PE for the Gladiator.  Didn’t Lindbergh re-release the Merit kits a longish time ago?

Jonny

• Like 1

Great looking Gladiator, I too have the Eduard / Roden kit in the stash.

I remember the building the Merit kits & being impressed by the buildability. As a young plastic mangler biplanes always made me very wary. Must have been over 40 years ago.

Pete

• Like 1

Cheers everybody,...... it was quite nerve wracking over painting the decals I have to admit,...... but best to just bite the bullet and crack on sometimes!

Just to let some of you know,...... this kit is a fairly new kit released by a company called Merit who seem to be from the Trumpeter/Hobbyboss stable and nothing to do with the old Merit company who also released nice little kits of the Gladiator, Flycatcher etc,.. which were later re released by Lindberg,....... confusing eh?

Cheers again,

Tony

• Like 1

Those two original pictures are interesting, as the second pic seems to be Shoreham airport. The college chapel in the the background is very distingtive.

But a great model none the less, lovely scheme. All this discussion about Merit/Roden - give me the Merit kit anytime. The plastic is good and solid to work with.