1/48 - MiG-25PU "Foxbat -C" by ICM - release in 2021 ?

Homebee

5 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Back in those days it was not a problem to make two version after all they were for two absolutely different tasks!

Best regards

Gabor 

Yeah, you are probably right....

But would a PU trainer handle vastly different compared to a RU trainer?

More or less the same, no? But twice the testing and engineering effort...

But I might be wrong!

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

But would a PU trainer handle vastly different compared to a RU trainer?

More or less the same, no? But twice the testing and engineering effort...

There are obvious outside differences, yes they don’t make much difference for flight characteristics. But what is inside is far more important and the fact that the PU had all the air-to-air missile rails. Different cockpits and weapons provide for the completely different training tasks of the MiG-25PU and -RU aircraft.

You could ask: why not have both training roles in one airframe as it is in most cases today. Here comes in the understanding of the era when you would have one single fighter developed for just ONE SINGLE missile type.

And of course to make life for scale modellers that much harder and also for the kit manufacturers to having to make two different aircraft kits. I see the Mikoyan OKB chief designers sitting at a meeting and discussing the details: Comrades we have to make МиГ-25ПУ  МиГ-25РУ different and lets have few hidden differences to make those capitalist Airfix kit designers scratch their heads!

:D  :winkgrin:  :D  :winkgrin:  :D  :winkgrin:  :D  :winkgrin:  

Best regards

Gabor

• Haha 3

Thanks Gabor!

Yeah, you are sure right... but as I underdtood it, both trainers could not fully replicate their single seater missions, no?

No cameras and definitely no radar.....

But yes. I guess the main requirement was to make it difficult for Airfix etc.... and they succeded!

No RU model as of 2018 in any scale!

And decent MiG-25s only for about 2 years!

:D

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1