1/72 - Savoia-Marchetti S.55 by Dora Wings - released - new S.55A boxing

Homebee

1 hour ago, Robertone139 said:

I do not mean to hijack this thread, however I cannot find any determining reference to whether the S.55A was the same size as the more notorious S.55X of Balbo fame.

Can anyone answer, Giorgio, Bueller, any?

From my knowledge the wings were the same, however even the booms were a bit  different (in fairings, rigging)

SM-55X:

c641aeb6fcc4b9b22738f676accf97e2.jpg

SM 55 earlier variants ("plain" SM-55, SM-55 A and SM 55 M - for "metalico") : 

siai_savoia_marchetti_sm55.jpg&q=90&w=33

Regards

J-W

On 12/12/2021 at 5:00 PM, Mike Esposito said:

Any plans to release the civilian version; the S-55P? 

Recently I have found that SM 55 P (designed as civil) was used (at least one) as military ambulance, but I do not know how long, did it came into ww2 time or not...

Regards

J-W

• 5 months later...

If anybody needs the old Delta kit of SM 55X I noticed it today on Polish Allegro (kind of e-bay) https://allegrolokalnie.pl/oferta/savoia-marchetti-s55-x-172-delta-2-very-rare at price twice lower that I paid for mine few years ago....

Since Dora announced that they do not plan to release this version....

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM

• 5 months later...
On 12/12/2021 at 5:00 PM, Mike Esposito said:

Any plans to release the civilian version; the S-55P? 

@dora of course the time is now terrible to you and likely there is no time for preparing new stuff, however perhaps it is differently and you already work on future variants of Savoia despite all terrible things going around... 

Have you then consider doing also SM 55 P varaint? I have in my stash yours SM 55A which I am going to build as Romanian one (I have on shelves the  old Delta kit of SM 55X) and now I realized, that he SM 66 (not mistake, the 66) has the same central part of airplane as SM 55 P, with much longer (almost 10 m) wings, larger tail and of course 3 engines all pushers  instead of tractor-pusher system in a central tower. Sp I started considering a scratch conversion but the SM 55P would be much better staring point then SM 55A...

Best regards and Slava Ukrainie!

J-W