Trumpeter Challenger 2 Desert

Hamden

Thanks for the comments Dan.

Will try and change scope colour, I seemed to remember them as blue/green tinted when I worked on Chally base overhaul and BATUS servicing. Memory not so good these days!

Roger

• Like 1

Hopefully I'll get around to putting the finished Chally on a small base, most likely either a plain sandy area or maybe at a road block.

Need to finish it first though!

Roger

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I'm liking the look of this Roger, I may have to weaken & look at a few 1/35 armour kits for such as this.

Steve.

Thanks for the comment Steve.

I enjoy 1/35 armour although my main interest is 1/72 aircraft the AFV's give me an opportunity to try different finishes that you wouldn't find on an aircraft.  Have a look at my Panzer IV to see what I mean

Have a go you'll enjoy it

Roger

• Thanks 1

I've got a few smaller armour kits, 1/72-1/76 but they are a little limited with the detail that can be done, then again, I'm a bit fearful of these bigger kits, due to the detailing that can be done. :D but I would like to look at a Rolls Royce & AEC armoured cars & maybe a Centurion & Challenger, & perhaps a Comet & a Panther & a.......... <_< :rolleyes: The start of a slippery slope I wonder. :unsure:

Steve.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I've got a few smaller armour kits, 1/72-1/76 but they are a little limited with the detail that can be done

I have seen some outstanding 1/72 scale AFV's but there just too small for me now! You could always try 1/48 if 1/35 is to big 

Roger

• Like 1

Almost across the finish line with this one, still a few small jobs to complete such as change the optics colour (see @Dads203 comment above), make up and fit the loaders mg and last but not least the tarpaulin that drapes around the front of the hull. This week has seen the the lower sand skirts and the exhaust deflector covers together with Eureka XXL tow cables and aerials from Accurate Armour added. A small base has been started to display the CR2 at the Bovington Model Show in two weeks time, whether this will be its permanent base or I make something a little more suitable later time will tell!

Any way here are the progress pictures from this week

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Thanks for stopping by your time is very much appreciated and if your at the Bovington Show please stop by would very much like to faces to names

Roger

• Like 6

Calling this one done. Loaders machine gun fitted, tarpaulin added across hull front and the optics changed from blue to orange as per @Dads203 comment above.

Here are the final set of photographs

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Thanks to everyone who stopped by giving encouragement and comments along the way, your time is very much appreciated. The Challenger should be at The Tank Museum, Bovington Model Show next Saturday/Sunday where I'm sharing a table with a friend so please stop by if your there. Not sure what afv will be on the bench yet but I need to finish my 1/72 Mosquito before starting anything else.

Roger  

• Like 3