Airfix Mosquito FBVI 333 Sqd.

Hamden

• 2 weeks later...

So having to contend with work and a water leak in the bathroom floor I managed to find some time to sneak to the bench, now where were we? ..................Ah yes engine mountings for the to be exposed starboard engine.

Last update shows that the engine bearers were started by soldering some brass together(I knew I should not have visited @The Baron's superb Avro Anson build) now I need to work out how to attach these bearers to the firewall/wing. The resin firewall is damaged so out with the brass sheet to see if I can fabricate a new one based on the damaged one, it took three attempts to get something I was reasonably happy with.

IMG-0124.jpg

The two resin firewalls from the detail set, you can see one has some bits missing from the lower corners.

IMG-0125.jpg

The three attempts at the firewall with a resin one above.

IMG-0126.jpg

IMG-0127.jpg

IMG-0128.jpg

The last attempt at the firewall which shows the reinforcing brackets for the top engine mountings

IMG-0129.jpg

And last of all the firewall dry fitted to the wing just to see what it looks like.

Next to do is fitting of the engine bearers and checking to see how all this affects the under carriage fitting.

Thanks for stopping by 

Roger

• Like 2