1st Polish Armoured Division

Foxbat

Inspired by some of the creations in the Airfix Golden Years GB and following my own experiences with Zvezda's wargames kits I've gone a bit mad. The intention is to model a vehicle from as many of the different units within 1st Polish Armoured Division in NW Europe 1944/45 as possible in 1/100 scale, plus a couple of larger scale models as time, space and the like allow.

First up is an AEC Matador, mainly because I had it in the stash. As a tractor for larger artillery, there's every chance this wouldn't have been on the divisional strength, but it's a lovely kit so it's in for now. Markings will depend on what the interwebs throw up, so this is just basic paint for now.

JrP4OMG.jpg

The all important 'penny shot' for scale. I've repainted that frontwheel since the photo was taken but I'm saving new photos for when it's finished.

ngKhpel.jpg

I've also made a slight adjustment so all 4 wheels sit on the ground at once :) 

s8c84qf.jpg

Andy

Second on the bench is a Cromwell IV belonging to 10th Mounted Rifle Regiment, the recce regiment of the division. I've read a lot about Hataka paints on BM, not all (much?) of it good but since they had a set of British WW2 armour colours when I was shopping yesterday I thought I'd give them a try.

This is their take on SCC.15 applied to a Plastic Soldier Company model. No construction photos as the kit only had about a dozen parts and took less than an hour to construct to this point. That's a single coat of paint, applied with a scabby brush to unprimed plastic and not quite dry yet. Looks OK to me, but let me know what you think.

9E9GcEp.jpg

1gMJbTX.jpg

Andy

Second coat of green, thinned this time plus first wash of sepia - no idea how accurate that makes things, but I prefer it to black for a panel wash to bring all the lovely panel detail out. Just got to work out a suitable highlight colour and start drybrushing then I can add decals and start weathering. 

Wish I had some stowage - you don't see many pictures of naked tanks in the field. 

isGPzK3.jpg

Andy

Not getting his GB entries finished.

A dry brush of G3 Khaki Green has toned things down nicely (at 1/1 scale at least, the 3/1 scale photo's still look a bit stark) and highlighted the detail without mountains of chipping and weathering so ready for decals and detail painting. Found a 15,mm stowage set, so there's one in the post to busy things up. 

bO3pd2Y.jpg

Andy