Bloody Biscay...1/48 Junkers Ju88C-6 KG40

Reini78

and also Gunze RLM70 applied, splinter camo done

Won´t use masks from LF Models anymore, they were partly insufficient and my dad had to use some additional Tamiya tape for the upper side.

Furthermore they didn´t stick that good to the model but nevertheless tore away some paint when my dad removed the masks.

45329207192_7f5977306a_b.jpgDSC_0001 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

31504571628_334e4165e8_b.jpgDSC_0002 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

• Like 2

Back to the old Tamiya tap masking I think. I have found the bigger models are easier to mask. My 1/48 Do 217 was a breeze compared to my smaller planes. Still your plane is coming along nicely. I hope to get my Dornier finished in a few weeks. Depends on the canopy masking. 

47 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Back to the old Tamiya tap masking I think. I have found the bigger models are easier to mask. My 1/48 Do 217 was a breeze compared to my smaller planes. Still your plane is coming along nicely. I hope to get my Dornier finished in a few weeks. Depends on the canopy masking. 

yes, back to Tamiya tape 😄

do you build the Revell/ProModeler kit or the ICM one?

It's the Revell/Promodeler one. The ICM one isn't released yet. It has been a good build so far other than the canopy needing to be faired in with putty. I had trouble getting the decals on, but that was my fault. I'm a little worried about the landing gear. It looks very easy to break so I'm doing that last.other than that it is a very solid model. It is a pity it doesn't have a bomb bay. I'm hoping that ICM will do one with the bomb bay and also do an Do 217K or M. Looks like they have a nightfigher planned. Once this is done my next big plane project will be a Dragon Ju 188. I saw a fantastic large RC one on YouTube the other day. It had over a 5m wing span. You should have a look at it.

Edited by Greg Law

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

It's the Revell/Promodeler one. The ICM one isn't released yet. It has been a good build so far other than the canopy needing to be faired in with putty. I had trouble getting the decals on, but that was my fault. I'm a little worried about the landing gear. It looks very easy to break so I'm doing that last.other than that it is a very solid model. It is a pity it doesn't have a bomb bay. I'm hoping that ICM will do one with the bomb bay and also do an Do 217K or M. Looks like they have a nightfigher planned. Once this is done my next big plane project will be a Dragon Ju 188. I saw a fantastic large RC one on YouTube the other day. It had over a 5m wing span. You should have a look at it.

looking forward to it 😉

a longer while ago my dad built the ProModeler E-5 too

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234985490-anti-ship-warfare148-dornier-do217e-5-kg100-new-pics-added/&tab=comments#comment-2047347

the camo edges became a bit too sharp, so my dad did some additional freehand painting of the edges, but you can still see the former masked edges, hope with washing/filter it looks a bit better...

45619893191_493d5422f8_b.jpgDSC_0001 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

some decal work

43802246110_bb10bf9ace_b.jpgDSC_0011 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...