M983 HEMTT Tractor Unit

Heres my 1/72 Modelcollect M983. It came with a Pershing II missile and trailer/launcher but is not equipped with a crane, generators and has the wrong wheels for this role, so I built it as a stand-alone model. I have ordered a Modelcollect MAN M1001 tractor by Modelcollct which has the correct features to tow the Pershing II. My build log can be found on Missing LYnx using this link:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/group-build-2018-2-m983-hemtt-tractor-pershing-ii--t316567.html

file.php?id=9427&t=1

file.php?id=9428&t=1

file.php?id=9429&t=1

file.php?id=9430&t=1

file.php?id=9431&t=1

file.php?id=9432&t=1

file.php?id=9433&t=1

file.php?id=9434&t=1

• Like 17

Thanks, Sgt SH

I should ask what your name is if you don't object to an ex-captain being that familiar with a SNCO!

As it happens, Modelcolllect is sending me the crane, generator and Michelin XL tyred wheels from their MAN M1001 kit. I enquired if I could buy them to fix my M983 as a Pershing II prime-mover and they are sending them gratis! Top marks for customer service above and beyond I'd say.  I have also ordered a MAN M1001 when I found you could buy it as the tractor only before Modelcollect confirmed, so I now have a couple of options, including other HEMTT conversion possibilities.

• 1 month later...

It's Andy.....The 'Sgt.Squarehead' thing is an old gaming handle that stuck TBH;)

Pleased to hear MC have helped you out (and impressed by their response).....I look forward to seeing the finished model, it'll be an impressive piece.  B)

BTW - I'm a regular at ML so I do follow your stuff, I just don't post there anymore since Brett became neurotic about usernames.  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It's Andy.....The 'Sgt.Squarehead' thing is an old gaming handle that stuck TBH;)

Pleased to hear MC have helped you out (and impressed by their response).....I look forward to seeing the finished model, it'll be an impressive piece.  B)

BTW - I'm a regular at ML so I do follow your stuff, I just don't post there anymore since Brett became neurotic about usernames.  :rolleyes:

G'day Andy,

I don't know why Brett wants real names used on ML when usernames are fine on HyperScale. I assumed it was an ML community wish.