Wonderland airfield 1/72nd scale collection

I stand corrected. It's early Sunday morning here and I can't find my spotters guidebook.

The Tsk will be undone. I refuse to forego my Breakfast as punishment though.

Gnospellious Gull? Any relation to the Farleigh Fruitbat?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Can't see any Spitfire's - so I'm out,

As much as I (we) love Spit's it is not a bad thing that there are none,, variety is the spice of life.

6 hours ago, Moa said:

When I go to Ireland you can invite me a beer with a peaty scotch chaser.

When you get there call me, I will stand you one and me three, )a) to celebrate your skill and collection and (b) to mourn the passing of my merge modelling skills.

That is such a wonderful collection of the weird, wonderful and lesser known as a collection it stands in a class of one.

I would love to know the names of them all.......ah, next task; as you put them away catalogue and photograph them  then share 😉

Thanks for sharing Moa.

• Haha 1

I'm a bit gobsmacked to be honest.  A quite extraordinary collection which must have taken hours just to photograph, let alone build.  I've often thought that the golden age is somewhat under represented by model manufacturers.  Seems I was wrong.  Having said that I know many of your aviation pioneer types are scratch built which makes this collection even more amazing.  Fantastic work and, if I may say so, a very impressive drinks trolley too.

• Thanks 1

It's unlikely I'll ever see a finer collection of models displayed together. That really is an astonishing collection. They would make a first class book, along the lines of the Smithsonian one.

Thanks for posting.

Tony.

• Thanks 1

What a beautiful collection of models. I've loved seeing your posts Moa. As a life long (nearly 50 years) aviation enthusiast I've seen many types I'd never even heard of, all beautifully constructed. Thanks!

Edited by goon
  • Thanks 1

I spy a Pitcairn Autogiro  in the pics on table #1, possibly the Williams Bros model which currently clutters my work bench.......although as you mostly build 1/72, Moa, may I assume that you've built your model in that scale.......??

If so, I duly dip my lid to your efforts, because the model in 48 is small enough, the prospect of one in 72 makes my eyes ache !

I can only echo everyone else's admiration for your collection, beyond expletives !!

Many thanks for sharing them with us.

Rog

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

I'm a bit gobsmacked to be honest.  A quite extraordinary collection which must have taken hours just to photograph, let alone build.  I've often thought that the golden age is somewhat under represented by model manufacturers.  Seems I was wrong.  Having said that I know many of your aviation pioneer types are scratch built which makes this collection even more amazing.  Fantastic work and, if I may say so, a very impressive drinks trolley too.

Thanks, you are very kind.

There are now much more options regarding Golden Age kits among manufacturer releases; that said, many of those are also scratched. 1/3 of my collection (about 130 models) are scratchbuilds, covering early aviation, golden age and the occasional contemporary type:

01.jpg

03.jpg

Edited by Moa
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, roginoz said:

I spy a Pitcairn Autogiro  in the pics on table #1, possibly the Williams Bros model which currently clutters my work bench.......although as you mostly build 1/72, Moa, may I assume that you've built your model in that scale.......??

If so, I duly dip my lid to your efforts, because the model in 48 is small enough, the prospect of one in 72 makes my eyes ache !

I can only echo everyone else's admiration for your collection, beyond expletives !!

Many thanks for sharing them with us.

Rog

Hi Rog

Well spotted!

My sins: the Pitcairn is indeed the WB kit, at 1/87th scale (mea culpa), there is also a 1/144 at the side of the 1/72 Ford Flivver (in the small cases).

Following the link posted above to get to the Flickr folder, you will see a 1/48 model of an Airco I made very long ago for a review. There are also those military models (mea maxima culpa) in those plastic shoe containers that I don't care any more about, nor want them exhibited (personal reasons).

Edited by Moa

22 hours ago, Moa said:

The usual: wheels, tailskids, antennas, an elevator, a rudder....

When I go to Ireland you can invite me a beer with a peaty scotch chaser.

That will certainly compensate for any grief 😉

I can't speak for Blue Monday but if you come to Ireland. I will happily buy you beer with a beautifully smooth Irish Whiskey chaser, Black Bush or Bushmills or ten year old Jameson. None of your peaty Scotch.

I love the Golden age subjects you make. I can only add my admiration. I love that era and it's grievously underrepresented. 

That's some collection.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful collection Moa. Thank you for sharing. I've really enjoyed your posts in another site, from a few years back, and I'm glad you're still at it.

Cheers,
Wlad

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2018 at 12:55 AM, Moa said:

With the clips the story is mode complicated. You will have to follow this link to the album, and then find and click on the three individual clips at the end, sorry 'bout that, Flickr's limitations.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/61289374@N05/S209a2

(the videos may take a little while to be processed by Flickr, always morose)

Ah thanks for the links, this greatly helps against my Moa-ingenuity withdrawal symptoms

• Haha 1