Wonderland airfield 1/72nd scale collection

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, John_W said:

Interesting collection there. But, no Cunnliffe-Owen flying wing...

; 0 )

Well, there is a Burnelli RB-1 at least.

And don't despair, I have a folder on the Cunliffe-Owen, and will build a model if I ever get the Airframe vac kit.

Just now, spiton said:

Your collection is absolutely Amazing. You should make a museum of this.

Retirement plan? 🤗

• Like 1

Hi Moa!!

I just caught up with this thread! Wow, what a beautiful site! Now, promise me, you put them away safely and wont be tempted to tinker with them again!!!!! ;)

Martin

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

What @RidgeRunner said, as well as all of the superlatives stated by the others; words fail me at this point in describing the collection as well as the incredible modeling skills it took to make them. So grateful for you taking the time and incurring the damage to these priceless models to share them with the rest of us- in my humble opinion, Claudio, you have not just raised the bar when it comes to scratchbuilding, you ARE the bar. You, sir, are a steely-eyed modeler! :clap:

Mike, aka I thought I was a 72modeler!

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

What @RidgeRunner said, as well as all of the superlatives stated by the others; words fail me at this point in describing the collection as well as the incredible modeling skills it took to make them. So grateful for you taking the time and incurring the damage to these priceless models to share them with the rest of us- in my humble opinion, Claudio, you have not just raised the bar when it comes to scratchbuilding, you ARE the bar. You, sire, are a steely-eyed modeler! :clap:

Mike, aka I thought I was a 72modeler!

1 hour ago, Rizon said:

UNBELIEVABLE!

That is a seriously esoteric collection second to none!

Very awesome set of aeronautical history, well done!

R

53 minutes ago, Uncle Pete said:

Adjectives fail me!

http://gph.is/2cGfuUH

Thanks very much everybody, your kindness is truly appreciated.

Mrs. Moa, though, remains unconvinced, and says "they are just little airplanes".

Oh, the humanity!

• Haha 2

On 9/16/2018 at 8:30 AM, Moa said:

Needless to say, some way or another, I damaged several models: a wheel here, a tailskid there, a Pitot somewhere, many an antenna and so on and so forth.

At your prodigious build rate you would have had them all repaired in 15 minutes.

What a great collection...!!!! Truly the Great Imperial Moa Museum.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Moa said:

Mrs. Moa, though, remains unconvinced, and says "they are just little airplanes".

I hear ya, bruv!  I call it "Recreational Engineering".  My wife calls it "Playing With Toys".

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, woody37 said:

I’d love to see this collection in person, I could spend hours marvelling at the detail. What a great variety of designs we had in the earlier days.

You are very kind, but you would only see stacks of big boxes in diverse rooms of the house. And that not even mentioning "pandemic".

I guess it all eventually will end up in a museum, possibly in Volkania, Marzipanland, where successive waves of well-meaning but not knowledgeable volunteers named Igor will cheerfully but inexorably help entropy to take its course and reduce the models to their original components.

So there may be a narrow window of opportunity in the future, if we have a future in this country, which sounds at the moment overoptimistic, all I see is depressing orange.

Upbeat, happy, glass half-full of air kind of person 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JosephLalor said:

That's an astounding collection, thanks very much for sharing it.  Is there a Horton Wingless in there?  If I've managed to get that one, it's only because I was able to make out its registration and look it up.

Thanks for your kindness.

Indeed there is a Horton Wingless! Well spotted!

Here is a the post that depicts the model (the Prototype, not the later, twin-engine version that had retractable wings):

Cheers

3 hours ago, Moa said:

You are very kind, but you would only see stacks of big boxes in diverse rooms of the house. And that not even mentioning "pandemic".

I guess it all eventually will end up in a museum, possibly in Volkania, Marzipanland, where successive waves of well-meaning but not knowledgeable volunteers named Igor will cheerfully but inexorably help entropy to take its course and reduce the models to their original components.

So there may be a narrow window of opportunity in the future, if we have a future in this country, which sounds at the moment overoptimistic, all I see is depressing orange.

Upbeat, happy, glass half-full of air kind of person 😄

I know what you mean, mine are all boxed up too. Hopefully you will get an appreciative Igor who will cherish them on your behalf, I'd visit the museum just to look at your builds.

I'm staying away from your politics, ours are bad enough 😂

Cheers

• Haha 1

That is certainly a most excellent and extraordinary collection!

Should your budget ever permit, one or more glass-fronted display cabinets would be well worth your investment.

I say that because such a wonderful collection deserves to be on permanent display. :thumbsup:

You have my sympathy regarding the handling mishaps.  Hopefully they are straightforward to repair.

• Thanks 1

I can only repeat the same rewarding comments as others. A truly wonderful collection and workmanship. And not a spot of camouflage!!  Gorgeous.

• Thanks 1

Moa.......you do know that I still “hate” 😉 you?????  I can gaze upon this beautiful collection all day ( which is what I just did :coolio: ).  I like how everything is in the same scale to provide a unique reference to size comparisons to the many different types.  

You are not only a superb and highly skilled artist Moa, but a trend setter as well. :clap2:

Mike

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kapam said:

That is certainly a most excellent and extraordinary collection!

Should your budget ever permit, one or more glass-fronted display cabinets would be well worth your investment.

I say that because such a wonderful collection deserves to be on permanent display. :thumbsup:

You have my sympathy regarding the handling mishaps.  Hopefully they are straightforward to repair.

9 hours ago, Paul J said:

I can only repeat the same rewarding comments as others. A truly wonderful collection and workmanship. And not a spot of camouflage!!  Gorgeous.

8 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Moa.......you do know that I still “hate” 😉 you?????  I can gaze upon this beautiful collection all day ( which is what I just did :coolio: ).  I like how everything is in the same scale to provide a unique reference to size comparisons to the many different types.  

You are not only a superb and highly skilled artist Moa, but a trend setter as well. :clap2:

Mike

Thanks you all for your kindness and encouraging words.

It makes me happy that fellow modelers share the enthusiasm for these lesser known (but no less important) types.

I think they may provide a note of color, diversity, and why not hope 😉

Cheers

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

Wow, what a fantastic collection. 

Thanks, Mark.

Mrs. Moa is of the opinion that it's just a lot of colorful plastic. 

She asks very interesting aeronautic questions about them, though, like: "-Why are they all different, wouldn't be easier to learn one better and do it again?", or "-Why you used that color for that one on the left, it's awful", or "-The proportions on that one are wrong. Should have had larger wings".

Fantastic display of skills and patience. Although I would be surprised at having a go at some of the subjects it is not my choice of modeling subjects. That said I enjoy all your work without fail.

Keith

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Britman said:

Fantastic display of skills and patience.

Thanks Keith

At this point I am just using a blender, throwing in some recyclable plastic and leftover paint.

That's why some look a bit too weird for you. They are at this point the product of, let's say, random natural (and unnatural) forces, so you may think platypus, axolotl, or orange presidents.

Cheers

• Like 1