Mustang seatbelts

dfqweofekwpeweiop4

Were the RAF Mustang IV's fitted with Sutton harnesses or did they retain the USAAF belts? I've had a search and can't find anything about it yet. Also Eduard do Beige coloured belts and Dark Green belts, which colour belts are for which aircraft?

thanks

Mike

The Mk IIIs (P-51B/C) used in Italy by 3RAAF and 450RAAF were fitted with the Sutton harness; the Mk IVs (P-51D/K) had RAF 'Q' type. As the squadrons' aircraft were drawn from RAF stocks, it seems reasonable to presume that this was the standard for RAF aircraft. NAA-built airframes delivered to Australia retained their USAAF harnesses, which were also used in CAC-built airframes.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

The Mk IIIs (P-51B/C) used in Italy by 3RAAF and 450RAAF were fitted with the Sutton harness; the Mk IVs (P-51D/K) had RAF 'Q' type. As the squadrons' aircraft were drawn from RAF stocks, it seems reasonable to presume that this was the standard for RAF aircraft. NAA-built airframes delivered to Australia retained their USAAF harnesses, which were also used in CAC-built airframes.

Ok...

A few days ago I used Eduard's US beige seatbelts for my Airfix Mustang Mk. IV. Now I have to get the Q type  harness to use instead. One always learn things here on Britmodeller. Is there any pictures of the Mustang Mk. IV Q type harness?

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B

2 hours ago, Andre B said:

Ok...

A few days ago I used Eduard's US beige seatbelts for my Airfix Mustang Mk. IV. Now I have to get the Q type  harness to use instead. One always learn things here on Britmodeller. Is there any pictures of the Mustang Mk. IV Q type harness?

Cheers / André

Ultracast do Mustang seatbelts with or without harnesses. They might do one with a Q type harness that you could look at.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:13 AM, Admiral Puff said:

Interesting, any photos to back this up?

Also, when putting in the said harness, did they install British, Spitfire style, control stick handles?

/Finn

On 9/15/2018 at 6:56 PM, Mikemx said:

Also Eduard do Beige coloured belts and Dark Green belts, which colour belts are for which aircraft?

thanks

Mike

My understanding is the olive green belts were a late war variant - so for aircraft up to perhaps late '44 the beige belt is correct.

cheers

Jonners

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

My understanding is the olive green belts were a late war variant - so for aircraft up to perhaps late '44 the beige belt is correct.

cheers

Jonners

Do you know if they were also on the post war F-51's?

thanks

Mike