The Pz.IV STGB has now begun!

PlaStix

Back in October of last year Enzo gave us a start date for the second AFV only Single Type Group Build on Britmodeller - for Panzerkampfwagen IVs and closely related AFVs. Well in only a few hours this GB will be starting! It only seems like two minutes since I posted that announcement about the start date last October!

It would be great to have as many modellers taking part as possible - so if you'd like more details they can be found here.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 3

On 9/15/2018 at 8:06 PM, Badder said:

I don't know where the last 11 months has gone. It only seems like a month ago I was finishing off my Sherman for the M3/M4 STGB

It seems like the same since I abandoned my entry as the HB E8 running gear got worse the more I looked into it. The good news is that my efforts caused Tamiya to bring out their kit which should solve all the problems :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

When is the actual start Date for this one......tempted to join 

In the title at the top of this thread! :winkgrin:

(15th December)

Let me know if you do want to take part and I'll add you to the list here.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hey, Stix,

Excuse me for being a luddite, but how do you do that 'here' thing to link to a topic/post or whatever?

Rearguards,

Badder

22 minutes ago, Badder said:

Hey, Stix,

Excuse me for being a luddite, but how do you do that 'here' thing to link to a topic/post or whatever?

Rearguards,

Badder

Not a problem at all. 

If you want to link to a whole thread from it's start then you can copy the address in your browser at the top of the page you want to link to. If you want to link to a particular post in a thread - go to the post in question and look in the top right of the frame, where the number of the post is (so #15, for example). Next to the number is a little symbol which, if you hover over it, says "share this post". If you left click on that symbol you'll get a link which you can copy.

Next - when you are writing a new post or replying to one - highlight the word you want to link from - so in my case the word 'here'. While the word is highlighted you need to left click on the little chain symbol in the text bar at the top of the post (so where it reads -      B    I    U   etc.)

The chain or link symbol is to the left of the quotation marks. When you left click on the link symbol (the chain) you will bring up the Link dialogue box. You will then need to paste the link you copied previously into the box marked URL - the one where it says eg http://www.example.com. Finally left click on the insert into post button and the link will appear. Please note the link does not work until you actually submit your post or reply.

So to see Badder's latest works please click here.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything explaining further.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

In the title at the top of this thread! :winkgrin:

(15th December)

Kind regards,

Stix

Sorry Stix.......stumbled on it while waiting for a delivery of construction materials,what fun😝....and I was on my phone.....small screen and all that.....and yes, let’s go for it. I’ve got a Pz.Sfl. IVb Dragon Smart Kit. Never done a group build before- looking forward to it 🤓

cheers

Simon

19 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Sorry Stix.......stumbled on it while waiting for a delivery of construction materials,what fun😝....and I was on my phone.....small screen and all that.....and yes, let’s go for it. I’ve got a Pz.Sfl. IVb Dragon Smart Kit. Never done a group build before- looking forward to it 🤓

cheers

Simon

Hi Simon. No problem. I do a lot of browsing of BM on my phone and it is easy to miss stuff. I have added you to the list here.

I will be interested to follow you progress with the Dragon Smart kit.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Farmersboy said:

Oooh, right up my street! Put me in for this, but I haven't the foggiest what I'll build yet, there's so much to choose from!

Hi Farmersboy and welcome aboard. I have added you to the participants list here.

Hope you manage to find something suitable.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Just a quick reminder that this STGB starts in exactly 4 weeks from today!!

We have 50+ people signed up already but it would still be great to have more people on board!

Kind regards,

Stix 

1 hour ago, Gary 1960 said:

May I join.  I will wait to see what is being modelled..as a newbie dont expect too much from me. Regards Gary

Hi Gary. You certainly can - the more merrier! The chat thread for the upcoming GB can be found here. And I have added you to the particpants list here. If you check through the thread you will get a good idea of what people are thinking of building.

Kind regards,

Stix