Vodka Bottles with Crates (35577) 1:35

Mike

Vodka Bottles with Crates (35577)

1:35 MiniArt via Creative Models

boxtop.jpg

Fancy a snifter?  This quirky little set contains enough vodka to sink a 1:35 battleship, along with the crates that make carrying multiple bottles a breeze.  Arriving in a standard figure-sized box, it has a strangely weighty feel to it due to the density of the plastic inside.  There are twenty four sprues in light sand styrene, and a further twelve in clear styrene, plus a decal sheet for bottle labels, and instructions on the back of the box.

sprue1.jpg

decals.jpg

Two of the sandy coloured sprues are used to make up a box, which has a set of dividers inside to hold the bottles stable.  There are spaces for 20 bottles inside, and each clear sprue contains that exact number, but in two styles, so as it's more likely that you'll have one type per crate, use two half sprues per crate.  The decal sheet contains six types of label for the bottles, with 42 of each type, so a few spare as long as you don't screw up too many.  All you need to do is apply the decals and paint the bottle caps before you can install them in the crates.  The crates will need painting, and using a dry brushing technique should bring out the moulded-in wood grain nicely, and if you have any decals spare, you could paste one to the side of the crates like in the photos.

Conclusion

Another great accessory set, and in total you have twelve crates of vodka for your various dioramas, backs of Russian trucks or for whatever other purpose you can think of.  Just remember to drink responsibly.  Cheers! :beer:

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Haha 1

As already noted, the shape of the bottle is cumulative. On the Internet, I found only a few photos where the soldiers of the Red Army and the Soviet Navy are photographed together with bottles of vodka in the frame:

g_EkktT-RlvpQPNlbVMwqKcGepuebnXBDQQrHQIk

g_EkktT-RlvpQPNlbVMwqKY1UzBekDIFBRFXr6cr

Bottle  for Soviet made drinks pre-war type also sale on Russian internet auctions:

89567296.jpg

89567296.jpg

89567296.jpg

89567296.jpg

89567296.jpg

https://meshok.net/item/89567296_Бутылка_ВОДКА_0_6_л_КЛЕЙМО_20_30е_годы_СССР

75841763.jpg

75841763.jpg

75841763.jpg

https://meshok.net/item/75841763_Бутылки_водки_довоенные_тонкое_стекло_4шт_СССР

As you see shape of the bottle is wrong for Soviet made drinks. 

The real bottle seems to me less elongated and more pot-bellied!

In addition, it is not entirely clear how you can even use these wrong bottles!

B.w. for what subject of a diorama this bottles vodka need?

Soldiers sat down to drink vodka from the bottles?

I don't see such photos with bottles of vodka on the first line! Ordinary photos are (not the fact that  vodka  maybe it's  tea!):

g_EkktT-RlvpQPNlbVMwqH9pSKDUXf2IeHDl80LT

Or do you seriously think that someone would carry vodka on the battlefield in glass bottles that could be shattered into fragments from the closest rupture?

No! Because as we know from movie, vodka or alcohol was most often in a jar. You say that the movie  of the USSR are an insufficient source of information because they are artistic? Just in this matter I believe them! Because often the films were filmed those who themselves fought, they were filmed those who fought and in each such film there were special consultants who fought!

https://foto-history.livejournal.com/2212238.html

http://smolbattle.ru/threads/Советские-актеры-—-участники-Великой-Отечественной-войны.35116/

Perhaps from bottles spilled the famous "Narkomovskie" ( 

derived from the "Narodnyi Commisar"- People's Commissar)

50-100 grams? This photo says that for these tasks the bottles were much larger,

and as you see it was poured from a conventional kettle:

DETAIL_PICTURE_655414_64522942.jpg

Maybe can they celebrate the end of the war with a bottle of vodka?

g_EkktT-RlvpQPNlbVMwqFe_wFOGVx3qbmDH6DhD

I think that it is unlikely that the vodka would be massively carried in bottles for soldiers when there was an opportunity to use trophy alcohol:

g_EkktT-RlvpQPNlbVMwqKY1UzBekDIFBRFXr6cr

g_EkktT-RlvpQPNlbVMwqHGIoE1kbHqy2miTQG5q

Any ideas for diorama with bottles pre-war/war vodka?

B.R.

Serge

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Any ideas for diorama with bottles pre-war/war vodka?

Any diorama will benefit from placing a crate or two of vodka. Take this one for example - half full crate on the rear sit would be just right:

20160812_200011-1.jpg

or this one - a couple of bottles are surely missing:

6916883044_1e9f8721f2_z.jpg

One crate is definitely not enough here:

6MC2013-010.JPG

etc. etc. etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm speechless at the level of research that's gone into pulling apart the shape of plastic bottles of vodka that are smaller than a grain of rice. :blink: I was hoping for a bit of fun, with a few jokes about being drunk in charge of a tank, and so on, but no.  I'm all for realism, but a sense of perspective in this case wouldn't go amiss. :shrug:

personally, the only reason the TellyTubbies (tm) don't have vodka in their diorama is because the modeller clearly drank it all coming up with the diorama concept. :drunk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You can joke Mike, but that Yellow Telly Tubby has the wrong shape belly for fitting into a FW190A3, I would suggest that the front of the cockpit is .75mm to short to accomodate the belly buttom, although technically the belly button should go inwards rather than out, a TA-152 would be a far more suitable aircraft,and while we are on the subject of flying how did the Telly Tubby get a flying license, had the Doctor been on vodka ?  What place is there for Telly Tubbies in diorama's anyway.....

I see what you mean Mike 😉

• Haha 2

Hilarious ! Don't believe these bottles don't live up to expectations and CSI Vodkagrad. After a few of them they'll be twice as bad . What ever next ?

I know , Del Boy's fizzy Dessert Island in a glass next to the Yellow Plastic Pig and the Umbrella is the wrong colour . :lol:

3 hours ago, s.e.charles said:

flat car load heading into the town siding.

Almost good  idea for diorama!  :)

Why almost?

Because just riding a truck with vodka is boring! Where is the dynamics of the plot of this diorama? Where is the drama? Where on such a diorama is the expression of various human emotions - joys, tragedies? Therefore, just traveling somewhere a truck with vodka is a weak story for a diorama ...... but a truck with vodka in a car accident

is a very strong plot for a diorama!

:) :)

3 hours ago, Pin said:

or this one - a couple of bottles are surely missing:

6916883044_1e9f8721f2_z.jpg

No, only bottles of vodka it's little reality....you can certainly say that the severe Jedi's drink vodka how water without anything ...... but it seems to me that for a more complete plot on this diarama a couple of three-liter bottles with hand made canned tomatoes, cucumbers and salted watermelon

20180915_182224.jpg

as a snack for vodka will absolutely not be superfluous!

;):)

Because to drink vodka without snacks means to go to the dark side power, :):)

it's not for

Jedi's  to drink vodka without snacks! :)

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm speechless at the level of research that's gone into pulling apart the shape of plastic bottles of vodka that are smaller than a grain of rice. 

And it's still good that there are no panel lines and rivets on bottles of vodka!  😉😁

Because for some modelers (not for me), vodka is sacred ... you do not imagine what they will do with the firm that released the wrong model of a bottle of vodka!

😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

No, only bottles of vodka it's little reality...

To me it is pretty obvious that this diorama is not complete, just look into the unnatural poses of the figures. Fortunately it is quite easy to understand what the author was really about to:

Drinking.jpg

3 hours ago, Pin said:

To me it is pretty obvious that this diorama is not complete, just look into the unnatural poses of the figures. Fortunately it is quite easy to understand what the author was really about to:

Drinking.jpg

Now it's wonderful! 😁

In this plot I see the conflict hidden me! Why does r2d2 not drink vodka?🤔

r2d2 does not respect the Jedi's?😲

So what if he's an android? You'd think if he android means he does not drink vodka?

1L6r.gif

😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark
  • Haha 1