H-Model Jeep decals

Ivor Ramsden

I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this - I'm an aircraft modeller primarily - but I've been looking at the new sets of decals for Jeeps which are produced by H-Model. I don't know much about American markings but I know a bit about British ones and there seem to be an awful lot of errors in them. 

Examples of errors: Wartime RAF Jeeps painted RAF Blue-grey, incorrect Arm of Service colours on British AFPU Jeeps, Wartime Royal Navy Jeeps painted dark blue (I'm not certain about this; maybe others can confirm?)  They've got Jeeps in North Africa with red serial numbers which is something I've never seen anywhere.

One example of an RAF Jeep carries a civilian registration number which suggests that it is based on a restored vehicle.

The civilian plate is correct as the vehicle is the one at Duxford and still road legal (or at least it was). The red serial is on a very senior officer's vehicle in Italy, I wouldn't rule anything out but agree that it's more likely to be black. The Canadian roundel is a bit off I'll agree.

• 2 years later...

To follow on this thread, H-Model have 72nd and 35th scale decals for USAAF jeeps, two of which they would have you paint blue.  After about 1947/48 I could believe that, but in 1944?  They have one photo of one of their "blue" jeeps, but I think it is more a matter of misinterpretation of the actual colors and the real jeep was done in OD.  Has anyone here come across any documentary evidence of blue USAAF jeeps?

Thanks,

Dave