Hello Everybody

J Sherratt

Hello Everybody. My name is John and I'm from the Midlands.

I'm returning to the fold (perhaps dabbling would be a better word) after a long break from building model aircraft when I was at school in the 1970's.

My main interest lies with RAF Fighter Command in World War II in 1/72 scale and especially the Battle of Britain. So far, I have been testing the water with Airfix Mk I Spitfires I've picked up as starter sets. I am also building a Revell Mk V I stumbled accross in a second hand shop and I'ved finished an old Frog kit for a Mk XIV that's the one that came in the kit with the V1 flying bomb. Remember building one of these "back in the day" but sadly it is long since gone.

Since school, my modelling energies have been devoted to model railways. Looking for something fresh I thought I would move back to aircraft for a while. It will be interesting to see how techniques differ between the two fields.

John S

• Like 1

:welcome: aboard John.  If you're still active with the old choo-choos as well as your new found aircraft thang, you should post up some of your stuff in there, as that's one area of BM that's a bit on the quiet side ;)

Thanks Mike.

I'll see what I can do. My main railway interests have been the North Stafford Railway, L&NWR and the GWR but I have been known to dabble with narrow gauge too.

I do a little very low key volunteering at Pendon Museum near Oxford, which is very well worth a visit for anyone with an interest in any sort of modelling.

Cheers, John