Remington-Burnelli RB-1, 1920, Scratch-built 1/72

19 minutes ago, Tweener said:

Is that the FROG Vimy wing by chance? Nice use of it if so. And a great build as always.

Ay ay ay, Tweener, look at the photos posted above of the work-in-progress, it's all styrene sheet.

Now go and write on the blackboard twenty times (I am feeling magnanimous today):

"I have to read the full post"

😉

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Moa said:

Ay ay ay, Tweener, look at the photos posted above of the work-in-progress, it's all styrene sheet.

Now go and write on the blackboard twenty times (I am feeling magnanimous today):

"I have to read the full post"

😉

Ah the results of being in a hurry. I'll write it 30 times out of respect for pulling that off! God knows I would have looked to other kits long before scratching a wing.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/15/2018 at 2:22 AM, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

I have an Airmodel vacform Cunliffe-Owen OA-1 model started in the stash somewhere

Horatio

I think it's time the Modelling Department of Unconcluded Affairs (which I represent) takes that kit from you, proven you hadn't done anything untoward to it.

Abandoned kits are the main concern of the Department, and our mission is to provide them with a new home, where they will be nurtured and can finally grow into healthy models.

You have now three days to build it, or turn it to the authorities. Resistance is futile.

No Kit Left Behind.

Wooooooo! Missed this the first time around, thanks for posting another Moa Classic!  Your builds are incredibly neat and clean. 

I also love your subject aircraft, they are so completely "outside the box" thinking and engineering. At first I thought you just made them up for a laugh.

Brilliant modelling!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Murdo said:

Wooooooo! Missed this the first time around, thanks for posting another Moa Classic!  Your builds are incredibly neat and clean. 

I also love your subject aircraft, they are so completely "outside the box" thinking and engineering. At first I thought you just made them up for a laugh.

Brilliant modelling!

Thanks, Murdo, you are very kind.

In this particular case, "outside the box" meant...a sort of corrugated box! 😄

4 hours ago, TheBaron said:

As always your evocative photography really brings out the quality of your work Moa. Beautifully rendered in all respects sir.

Thanks Baron, you are more than kind.

It's a model built time ago. I should probably re-photograph it when I have the chance, though, to show more angles and so provide a better impression of its configuration and size.

Cheers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SafetyDad said:

Totally not my area of interest (normally)

Totally revolutionary design

Astonishing building and craftsmanship there Moa

Absolutely spellbinding

Extraordinary work

SD

Thanks SafetyDad

Glad you enjoyed the model.

Many interesting and unusual stars shine on the quiet night sky of aviation history.