Latvian Air Force Paint Colors

Tweener

Having taken in interest in Baltic air forces recently, I have been particularly interested in building a Latvian Fokker D.VII, Nieuport 24, Bulldog, and Gladiator.

Does anyone know what exact dark green paint color was used by the Latvians on the upper surfaces of these aircraft? And whether or not the bottom surfaces were light gray or aluminum? If they were light gray, which color exactly?

Thanks all, Tweener

Edited by Tweener

I have the book, "Latvian Air Force 1918 - 1940". Unfortunately there is no mention which shade of green is used, every caption says "Dark Green". Regarding photos and profiles...

• Fokker D.VII: Dark Green overall
  • Gloster Gladiator Mk.I: Dark Green with Light Grey lower surface
  • Bristol Bulldog Mk.II: Natural metal overall with upper wings, tailplane surfaces and upper rear fuselage decking in Dark Green
  • Nieuport 24bis: Apparently they only had one but there is no photo or profile
Edited by fubar57

47 minutes ago, fubar57 said:

I have the book, "Latvian Air Force 1918 - 1940". Unfortunately there is no mention which shade of green is used, every caption says "Dark Green". Regarding photos and profiles...

• Fokker D.VII: Dark Green overall
  • Gloster Gladiator Mk.I: Dark Green with Light Grey lower surface
  • Bristol Bulldog Mk.II: Natural metal overall with upper wings, tailplane surfaces and upper rear fuselage decking in Dark Green
  • Nieuport 24bis: Apparently they only had one but there is no photo or profile

I actually have a few photos of Nieuport 24 and some profiles to go with them, the bird was painted a few different ways during its service. As for the Dark Green, I'm tempted to go with FS 34089 or 34990. Maybe some experiments are in order.

As far as Gladiators, here's a good link to numerous photos: LINK

I would think the undersurfaces were not light gray, but rather aluminium dope/lacquer, as was the practice with other export Gladiators.