Groupbuild Announcement

Come on people!  I know we started this thread with a reference to He-Man's leather harness, but we have to draw a line under the sadomasochism somewhere...!  :lol: 

If you carry on in this vein, I'm going to insist that the next Classic GB is a Starfix one.   Now how do you feel?!?!?  :fight: 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tweener said:

Surprisingly, I found the Merlin Models Hawk III an easier build than the Heller SBC Helldiver... Sure, I built the Merlin kit as a crash diorama and so I did not need to mount the top wing. Perhaps that discounts my point, but I was still surprised. Maybe one day I'll go crazy enough to build the Merllin E11 Laura... Let us hope not!

If I had a medal I would give it to you 🥉

cheers Pat

I'm sorry I still just can't get the image of Enzo in a leather He-Man outfit out of my mind! 😱   Does anyone else find that disturbing??? :blink:

All the power going to his head has affected his modelling or he plans to use the power of Grey Skull to finish all his outstanding builds....22!!!

A classic Frog GB great, I have a few of those treasures hidden in the stash.

Could be worse and make the next one a Unicraft build!!! :yikes:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I know...right?  I have a  Siemens-Schukert Driedecker somewhere...It stalks me late at night!😨

22 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Sorry...that would be the Pfalz Dr.1...and I suddenly cannot find it...it's laying in wait behind the cupboard...

They could possibly be the same plastic in different bags. :)

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I'm sorry I still just can't get the image of Enzo in a leather He-Man outfit out of my mind! 😱   Does anyone else find that disturbing??? :blink:

I was just getting over the thought with a strong gin and tonic and then you reminded me of it all over again!  Thanks!!!  I think I have some turps somewhere, maybe that will help cast the image from my mind.

Enzo, cracking idea my friend, can I suggest Heller kit prior to the Airfix years as the classic for 2020?

Wez...   ..off to find a darkened room where he can drink homebrew laced with turps to clear his head

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, trickyrich said:

All the power going to his head has affected his modelling or he plans to use the power of Grey Skull to finish all his outstanding builds....22!!!

A classic Frog GB great, I have a few of those treasures hidden in the stash.

Could be worse and make the next one a Unicraft build!!! :yikes:

And what's wrong with a Unicraft build ?

IMG_3146

Tamiya have much to learn I believe !

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

An excellent idea Enzo!  Lets not forget all the classic Japanese kits too :ninja:....

Quite right Cliff, think I built all the Tamiya dinosaurs when I was a kid!

And there are some classic Tamiya and Hasegawa aircraft and armour kits, building a Tamiya Brewster Buffalo (circa 1974) at the minute and loving it!

• Like 1

My :2c: here: True, there is a zillion of Fallen Flag model manufacturers, but in my opinion their kits are prime candidates for an Obsolete Kit Groupbuild. For a dedicated single manufacturer GB we should pick those ones whos' kits are still available to the BM GB massive, one way or the other. Matchbox, Airfix, Frog, Heller, Revell, Monogram... You know which I mean. V-P

• Like 2