Another Rebel !! Ich kämpfe ! Du Nicht ....

Hello Dears,

Ok I must say that I'm not proud of this one, I dislike my painting !

However, the kit is interesting because there some issues for raising eyebrows !!

This particular Dora was Flown by Hans Dortenmann, in fact it is the 3rd Dora built !

WP_20180913_19_46_05_Pro

Hence the serial !! Sayin'so she should have the first grey camo and the flat canopy instead of the bulged one !!

But Dortenmann was a Mensch and a rebel to the bones !

Seemingly, Dora has been repainted on the field and the canopy retrofitted from a wrecked D-9

WP_20180913_19_45_55_Pro

So the kit has been done from Hans dortenmann recoleections as Eduard say !

Wing's guns are metal ones And this is almost the only add to this build ! Except what I managed to broke :doh:

WP_20180913_19_46_16_Pro

Now the title of the thread….

WP_20180913_19_46_29_Pro

The day Walter Nowotny has been killed in combat, Dortenmann and its Staffel were bound to get in that great air battle !

The ground control assigned an altitude to the incoming german aircrafts, a low altitude to tell the Truth,

Nowotny objected but the General in charge of the GCI repeated his (stupid) order and Nowotny obeyed...

Result… He was downed with almost all his guys, Tempest and Spitfires have made a great use of their Superior altitude and performed a Turkey shooting !

Dortenmann received that same orders with the same altitude even after it has been proved wrong !

BUT

WP_20180913_19_46_36_Pro

He did'nt complied and get higher and higher with its fellow pilots !!

Seeing that the GCI insisted … Ein befehl ist ein befehl !!

To no avail, on that day the german pilots were upset anger and bitterness were at their highest point !

WP_20180913_19_46_49_Pro

Following in a few minutes !

• Like 15

So, Here I'm back,

Dortenmann has been menaced by the GCI to be courtmartialed !

His only answer has been Ich Kâmpfe, Du Nicht Grosse A... L.... !!

It mean, I'm fighting, you not Big A.. H....  As I Don't want to be banned, I suppose that you understand, if not, PM me :cheers:

WP_20180913_19_47_17_ProWP_20180913_19_47_27_Pro

So, that time, Hans dortenmann turned the hunter in prey, as the allied were waiting and fighting the compliants Luftwaffe pilots, they did'nt pay too much attention from above….

Not only Dortenmann bring its Staffel almost unscathed to its airfield, but they managed to have some more victories.

WP_20180913_19_47_33_Pro

The history did'nt stop here ! on the evening, a Feldgendarmerie party came in to put Dortenmann Under arrest,

And there has been a case of mutiny, all the personnel took stance for him, guns at hand, the feldgendarme backed up.

That was the end of the war, prosecution has been abandonned,

Hans Dortenmann set his beloved D-9 ablaze when the british troops invested the airfield !

A rebel, I told you !!

WP_20180913_19_49_05_Pro

Family shot, both of the final days of  WWII

WP_20180913_19_49_44_Pro

3 rebels in fact, Lützow, Dortenmann and Lörcher !!

WP_20180913_19_49_58_Pro

Ok Gents, feel free to comment, I know that I should have done far better but this Eduard kit is not a funny one !

Accurate, detailed but not easy at all !! So came a time where I no longer can see this kit, So I finished her instead of restart it completely.

I love the story behind the kit….

I'll do better on my next Focke !

Thanks for watching

Have a great modelling time !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 24

3 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Another beauty....

Thank you Vince !

38 minutes ago, Duckwizard said:

Nice story and even nicer model. I do not see why you are not satisfied with it.

Easy, I saw here on BM far better möttling than what I manged to do,

Next time I will try the PE mask from Airwaves

Thank for your kind words.

31 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Nice model and fascinating story to go with it. Thanks for posting

Thank you Mr S

I Always try to have a back up story to go with my kits !

Thank you

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

A remarkable and touching story. Plus the Dora is my favourite Luftwaffe aircraft.

Your English is not perfect but in a funny (odd) way it perfectly expresses the subject you portray.

This is what modelling should be about. Fixing a point in history. It's an art form.

Each model is an artistic representation of a moment in time.

Edited by noelh
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2018 at 1:15 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Cousin .. Great model(s), Great history :clap2:

Thanks Cousin !

And now finishing the Il-2 and crack on for a bent wing bird !

On 9/16/2018 at 7:12 PM, Twentecable said:

Well the overall paintjob is nice. The mottling spoils it a bit. Try to remove them and add new with a bit more patiance :)

greetings TC

Hello TC,

I think that she will stay that way, I prefer doing another one from scratch, still I have another kit or 2

Thanks for the kind words !

On 9/18/2018 at 1:08 PM, BerndM said:

All nice builds.

The camo schemes of the Luftwaffe are a challenge to the modeller so be proud of your work.

Thank you Bernd,

Yes, this is challenging, but I'm somewhat an "Holzkopf" So I will not stay on this !

I will have another D-9 and try the Airwaves PE mask !

• Like 2

On 9/19/2018 at 10:19 PM, exdraken said:

still nice build(s) and strong story!

war is war....and not funny usually...

Hello exdraken,

Thanks for the kind words, I always try to search a bit on the background stories !

It give another dimension to modelling.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:15 PM, noelh said:

A remarkable and touching story. Plus the Dora is my favourite Luftwaffe aircraft.

Your English is not perfect but in a funny (odd) way it perfectly expresses the subject you portray.

This is what modelling should be about. Fixing a point in history. It's an art form.

Each model is an artistic representation of a moment in time.

Hello Noel !

:rofl2: And you did'nt hear me speaking !!:rofl2:

I must say that I started to speak english in Africa with American "Ex soldiers" from Florida !!

I have what has been labelled "What an awfull american accentuation!!" I never have had even an hour of english teaching at school.

It's purely autodidact, so I lack the grammatical rules, But still I'm learning and tried to improve my English.

Funny and lovely way to live !

Thanks for the kind words !

Lots of the things I write here came from german testimonies, Double translation ! and that gave me some "Skull sessions"

I really enjoy historical researches and it gave a good background to my models

Then I also search for unusual subjects, aka my strangely coloured Mustang !

On 9/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, F-32 said:

Great work and a lovely collection

Thank you F-32

The next German subject will be a bit more conventional, with a touch of a Corsair....

On the wing... And it's the only point !

Thank you all Chaps, and apologize for the late answer, but IRL is really demanding...

Take care and have a great modelling time !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

A little late in the appreciation of this one CC bit as they say. Better late than never. I love her. Very nice scheme. Who can resist yellow? 😀

Johnny.

Wait for the next one... Who can resist Red....

Thanks for the kind words my Dear Spad !!

CC