Bristol Blenheim Mk.I/IF (ED-48115, ED-72115) 1:48 1:72

Mike

Bristol Blenheim Mk.I/IF (ED-48115, ED-72115)

1:48 & 1:72 Euro Decals by Fantasy Printshop

boxtop.jpg

Airfix are bringing us a 1:48 early Blenheim soon, and have already done so in 1:72, so it's only fitting that we should get some aftermarket decals for the kits  These sets from Euro Decals are printed by Fantasy Printshop, and arrive in A5 ziplok bags, with a set of side profiles on the front, instructions in the middle, and the decals on the rear, so they can be inspected through the protective sheet of thin paper.

ed-48115-72115.jpg

Inside are four-way profiles of each of the six decal option, plus a legend with suggested colours in FS numbers, Humbrol, Xtracolour, Xtracrylix, LifeColor and Modelmaster shades, with a page of general text about the aircraft on the back page.  The options from the sheet are as follows:

• Blenheim Mk.I K7040 V/114 of 114 squadron, RAF Wyton, Cambs. March 1937
  • Blenheim Mk.I K7059 TW of 90 squadron, RAF Bicester, Oxon, Sept 1938
  • Blenheim Mk.IF Serial unknown YN.B of 601 squadron, RAF Hendon, Middx. summer 1939
  • Blenheim Mk.I L7760 UQ of 211 squadron, RAF Tatoi, Greece, late 1940
  • Blenheim Mk.IF K7159 YK.N of 54 OUT, RAF Chruch Fenton, North Yorks, Dec 1940
  • Blenheim Mk.IF L1210 P of 771 Naval Air Squadron, FAA at RNAS Hatston, Orkney, 1942-43

profiles.jpg

Registration, sharpness and colour density are all good, with a thin gloss carrier film cut close to the printed areas.  There is a slight translucency to the whites however, so plan ahead if you are placing them over camouflage demarcations.

Highly recommended.

1:48
bin.jpg

1:72

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.jpg

• Like 2