Spitfire Mk Va

Hiya Guys, what can I say, yet another Spitfire.  I just needed a quick build before going on my hols and this one was sitting in the ever diminishing stash. Built straight OOB and painted with Vallejo model air, as the paint was going on I thought it was looking to dark but once I put the final matt coat it lightened up nicely. I tried black basing and once again i found it doesn't work for me in this scale particularly when painting camouflage.

Anyway here it is  and as usual all comments and criticisms will be received in the same good natured manner in which I am sure they are offered.

IMG_4285.jpg 

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Telboy3510
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Winenut said:

Really nice indeed!

Love the scheme and the stand and the action pose.........where's the bus driver????

:)

Cheers!

He's in there somewhere ! When I took the masking tape off the canopy for the big reveals you could only see the top of his head, he obviously forgot to take his parachute to sit on that day.😂

• Like 1

Nice looking Spitfire, though I´m more curious about the "Argentine (British)" decal, I will for sure buy that model (Boy, it´s available where I´m going to go for my summer holidays!)

Edited by Sturmovik

3 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Nice looking Spitfire, though I´m more curious about the "Argentine (British)" decal, I will for sure buy that model (Boy, it´s available where I´m going to go for my summer holidays!)

I wondered about that too, and found this on the Airfix site:

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Va, R7127/FJ-A, RAF No.164 Argentine (British) Squadron, Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, April – September 1942

A really interesting scheme choice for this latest Spitfire kit release, RAF No.164 Squadron was a unit made up of volunteer pilots from families living in the UK, who were all of Argentine descent. Around 600 Argentine volunteers joined the British and Canadian Air Forces, determined to do their bit for the war effort. Many were incorporated into No.164 Squadron at Peterhead, which initially became operational in May 1942, flying their Spitfire Mk.Va aircraft. A number of the pilots decorated their aircraft with a popular Argentine cartoon character of the day, who was called ‘Patoruzu’ – similar to our Popeye, he was an inconspicuous indigenous man who possessed incredible strength, which he generally used for good. Although this does make for an interesting story about this unusual RAF unit, most of the Spitfires flown did not carry the ‘Patoruzu’ artwork and our artwork depicts one of the more common aircraft to fly with No.164 Squadron. Even though this particular scheme seems certain to be extremely popular with modellers, there is another equally interesting option included with the kit, this time for a Spitfire Mk.II.