Hughes H-4 Hercules 1/72

28 minutes ago, Michael louey said:

That's a magnificent build. Our club is putting on a Flying Boat Display next year in Melbourne - Want to fly it over 😁

Impressive work John :thumbsup:

Really Michael?  I look forward to seeing the lovely variety you folks manage to put together in your display.

1 hour ago, neil5208 said:

I love the way it dwarfs the C47! Very impressive build, I would be intrested in more pictures of the XF11 as well

I'd like to see how it would dwarf B-737 :) or B-52...

An incredible build! Something I would never even think to attempt :)

An utterly amazing build! If one takes the sheer size of 1/72nd scale Spruce Goose into account, the attention to the detail is simply amazing! Skin wrinkles, hollowed and thin-walled air intakes, perfect glazing, realistic lights and a perfect paint coat! A museum quality model, congratulations! 

The build process photos are also worth looking at!

3 hours ago, neil5208 said:

[...] I would be intrested in more pictures of the XF11 as well

I second that!

Regards, Marek

Edited by donalyah00
  • Like 6

Superb. John, but dudn’t you start to go metallic-crazy while spraying all that paint!? I guess you must have used an Auto sprayer for something that size ;)

Martin

OUTSTANDING! :thumbsup:

I've built several Amodel 1/144 kits, and I know well the serious modeling skills you had to engage to get this to turn out so well

Thought I'd misread . 1/72nd  ? Can't be surely . What a build though . can't add anything that hasn't already been said .

Spotless . Well done

Incredible, incredible, incredible! The ultimate tub toy! Can't add to what so many others have said, but wanted to recognize and acknowledge greatness in model-building when I see it!👍:clap2:

Mike