Hughes H-4 Hercules 1/72

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 12:42, Michael louey said:

That's a magnificent build. Our club is putting on a Flying Boat Display next year in Melbourne - Want to fly it over 😁

You may have missed the opportunity Michael, there was a guy selling a Vacform one at the Monday Sell and Swap at the Melbourne Hobby Expo

I doubt anyone will get a better final result from the Amodel kit than you have achieved here. A real tribute to the often-misunderstood genius of Howard Hughes. I hope you ensure that this model ends up safely displayed in a museum when you are finished with it.

BM.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone! It was definitely a labor of love. The actual H-4 is a magnificent piece of work, and much more sophisticated than most people realize.

Someone asked about the finish. It's Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminum from the rattle can, except decanted and thinned with Mr. Leveling Thinner. I used my old Paasche H to spray it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is truly insane , in the nicest possible way! Beautifully built and finished. I had a chance to examine the kit at a recent APMA meeting in Sydney and was gobsmacked at its size and relative crudity - you have done an amazing job in building and finishing it. Now, do you have spare room to put it in?

My goodness!

I have no words to describe how amazing that is.

From what I know about Amodel kits (presently building their [much smaller] Beechcraft 1900C) that must have taken a huge amount of work to get it looking as good as that.

Mr Hughes himself would be impressed with your work.

:worthy::clap:

• 2 months later...

In 2015 I sat in Howards seat in this magnificent bird at the Evergreen Museum looking out at the distant wing tip and remembering as a 7 year old seeing it make an appearance in an old Ma and Pa Kettle Film as they watched their newfangled TV set. You have done a much maligned subject justice. Great work indeed.

Trev.

This is not big, this is HUGE!!!!

What is most amazing to me is so unified look of NMF on this enormously big model. That is something showing your great modeling skill.

Anyway something we can not see very day.

Thank you for that

Best regards Djordje