Hobby Boss 1:72 SEPECAT Jaguar A

Hi Folks,

Another of my presentation models for former work colleagues, this time in late 2017. On this occasion, for a French Officer with an African connection and in recognition of a great Anglo-French working relationship. I have previously built several Airfix and Hasegawa 1:72 scale Jaguar kits so I was quite keen to see how the Hobby Boss kit shaped up. It was a very pleasant build and came together in no time at all. I added some detail to the cockpit and a pilot, since I was going to portray it in flight. The model was brush painted with MiG Ammo acrylic colours and weathered with a mix of Tamiya weathering powders and Flory Models weathering wash. Decals came from a Berna set for Armee de l'Air Jaguars.

Once again, apologies for the standard of photos. I really must work on this. The finish was a lot scruffier than has been portrayed in the photos and reflected the extremely heavy useage of these jets in the African and Middle Eastern environment.

fullsizeoutput_5b4

IMG_9948

IMG_9937

• Like 13

Lovely bit of brush painting on the Jag, and a very presentable memento.

You obviously know the aircraft well and I'm glad the hobbyboss kit measures up.

I'm not as fussy as some, but I've never had a bad experience with one of their kits. I like 'em!

Try outdoor/ daylight for pictures and see if it's any different. Even sunshine can enhance the way the model comes across.

Lovely job!