F/A-18 Pylon question (i think)

Harrier/ViperFan

I am about to start my 1/48 F/A-18F and I have to say I find the inbox loadout extremely boring. Now I am not up on my USN modern stuff but I know that F/A-18E/F like the legacy Hornets have those racks (not sure of the name) where they can have things like Mk 82's, GBU 12's GBU 38's side by side. Now I looked at the hase kits it seems that only the Legacy Hornet kits only come with the older version of it. Does anyone make any resin ones? I had a look on Hannants but not knowing the name of them it was a fruitless exercise to be honest.

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:58 PM, DaveJL said:

BRU-33/55. Attack Squadron made them in 1/48 but are very hard to get now.

Dave is correct on both counts, however, the -55's are not that different externally.

Essentailly, they have a horizontal bracket on either side of the rear of the rack. n online search for BRU-55 CVER will turn up planty of useful pictures. You can try hunting down  hunt the resin items items and pay a high price of spend  about 15mins modifying the 'old' BRU-33 pylons  to represent the updated 55's. Incidentally, don't forget to cant the wing pylons outwards as most kits have these parallel to the fuselage which is incorrect,

cheers,

Pappy