Bristol Fighter 1956

As we are extending this GB I thought I might as well drop this in . . . . I am also building this for the AIRFIX FORUM GB to mark the end of WWI.

44480357192_0c3c544614_z.jpg

44480357832_0d9b9c7f88_z.jpg

Once again Instructions are really basic

44616006141_02396eee64_z.jpg

43706216375_270ab235ec_z.jpg

43706215955_592acedf96_z.jpg

44616004581_ca0007e0ed_z.jpg

There are no reference numbers to the paints from Humbrol. I have never done rigging before so although I might attempt it, the model may not have any when its finished.

I shall be taking off sooon . ... . .

Ian

• Like 8

Not a lot to report but I have put the knife in and made a start.

I have dropped the rear elevators and of the rudder, I have cut the inside of one and the outside of the other along the seam to create an angle poise . . . .

44593107192_f2c70bb70d_z.jpg

I sanded the sink marks on the bottom wing; four were proud and No5 required filling with Green stuff.

30773274188_cf7ea060b9_z.jpg

A drop of paint on the wheels and the Lewis(?) gun plus the radiator.

If somebody can give me a Humbrol colour for the cream underside and the Khaki I would appreciate that.

More to come.

Ian

• Like 6

Nice to see another of these show up Ian, I've recently read a Chaz Bower book on them & came away with a new appreciation of their qualities so there is definitely a couple at least in my future. I have Airfix & Roden kits in stock. I'll be watching this keenly.

Steve.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

If somebody can give me a Humbrol colour for the cream underside and the Khaki I would appreciate that.

103 for the underside and something like 155 or 86 (greenish), or 26 (red-brownish) for the topside.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I used Humbrol 26 Khaki and 7 Buff (this actually being gloss but can be matt-coted). I thought these were closer in time to the original Airfix call-out colours.

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 2

Oooh nice. I’ll be watching this come together. Good luck with the rigging, I can highly recommend EZ Line, I used it for my HP O/400. Nice and straight forward. Good luck sir.

Johnny.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Really enjoying seeing this one come together

Daft question regarding EZ line, is this the fishing line, and if so what breaking strain do you recommend ?

No it’s a product sold by modelling tools. Little cars. I noticed a link on the home page of BM. It’s a kind of elasticated tread , super easy to use and looks grand. Check out my Handly page build. I used loads of it.

hope that helps.

johnny.

sorry for the drift. 

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lawzer said:

rigging is something that just plain scares me.....

I MUST give it a go at some point....

That’s what I thought until I gave it a go. I’m not scared of it any more, but I’m also not a convert to biplane modelling!

• Like 2

On 13/09/2018 at 07:27, stevehnz said:

pick a fight with Adrian

Absolutely no problem! I have 74 light oak in my paint tray too, and I use it pretty much interchangeably with 103 cream. I didn’t quote Hu 66 because the acrylic version that I bought is an icky grey colour rather than the nice green colour that the enamel used to be. So I’ve switched to 86 as my go to olive green.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2