The Knight Bus (Revell London Bus 1:24)

jimhurst

Thanks guys for the encouragement! here are a few more pictures of progress so far!

The lower deck has had an initial coat of Tamiya Flat Brown to mimic the bus on display prior to highlighting some of the aluminium detailing and some light weathering. the wheels have been painted with Tamiya X16 Gloss Purple which seems to be a good colour match for the original, time will tell!, if not then i will have to look to mixing a custom colour, although given the quantity if i can find something 'off the shelf' it will definitely be an advantage

Also the Drivers cab has been given two coats of Tamiya X18 Semi Gloss Black (Maybe this should have been matt?) and trial fitted to check it still goes in!

Finally for now the engine block has been assembled and given a couple of coats of Tamiya Flat Aluminium, I know the engine is different from that fitted to the 'real' RT's and the HP Knight Buss has a modern Scania ( i think) engine and running gear to cope with the 2 tonnes of lead ballast fitted to keep the wheels on the ground, but i wanted something to fill the engine bay 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

difficult to see images with watermark splashed all over them - but keep up the good work...……..I have one in the stash and will be following closely

• 8 months later...