Aoshima 1/24 McLaren F1 GTR Gulf Livery

Hi everyone,

I introduced myself few days ago as a newbie. This is my seventh build in total.

This is a Aoshima kit with Studio27 carbon fiber decal set and hobby design detail up kit. I always liked this car and this livery, which is painted with zero paints gulf Color set and 2k diamond gloss finish.

Thanks all

20saxll.jpg

10oefzc.jpg

dwdus0.jpg

ohk0mc.jpg

vz7r7k.jpg

5khcle.jpg

rvc3fr.jpg

dgngva.jpg

k3vc5u.jpg

x6mm39.jpg

Edited by fet_thunderdome
  • Like 12

Great model, particularly since you've still got quite a short track record. I hope you're pleased with it because I would be if it were mine.

If I could offer one piece of advice regarding the photos (and don't get me wrong, they are good too), if your camera allows, close the aperture as tight as you can (higher f-stop) as it will give a greater depth of field and should keep the whole car in focus. You will probably need either a lot of light or a tripod though as this will increase the exposure time compared to the standard setting.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Great model, particularly since you've still got quite a short track record. I hope you're pleased with it because I would be if it were mine.

If I could offer one piece of advice regarding the photos (and don't get me wrong, they are good too), if your camera allows, close the aperture as tight as you can (higher f-stop) as it will give a greater depth of field and should keep the whole car in focus. You will probably need either a lot of light or a tripod though as this will increase the exposure time compared to the standard setting.

Thanks for the compliments and for the advise. I have to tell you though that I used to work as a professional photographer (Motorsport) but I am no more, and I sold all the equipment, so I have to arrange myself with cell phone.😂 So no possibility to play with lot of DoF unfortunately, but I really appreciate your piece of advice.

49 minutes ago, galaxyg said:

Looks fantastic. Great to see one of these built up in such detail.

Thank you mate!

1 hour ago, kapam said:

Stunning!

I've always thought the Gulf Oil liveries (any era) to be among the best in racing.

Your work beautifully replicates a classic looking race.

:clap:

Thanks! I'm actually working on a 956 Porsche winner from 1983, with Rothmans livery and yes, there are some iconic liveries and color schemes which are immortal and trascend time! Rothmans, Marlboro, Martini, Gulf, Castrol to name few.