Italeri F-15 C Baz wrong colour

arubin

I have the Italeri 1/72 F-15 C eagle kit which I want to build with Israeli markings. According to the instructions the main colours are FS 36251, light grey and FS 35109 medium grey.  As far as I can see, FS 36251 is aggressor grey which might be correct but 35109 is aggressor blue. I think this must be a mistake and was wondering what to use. FS 36176 might be correct. Does anyone have accurate information on this?

Thanks

Unless something changed in the last 3-4 years, all Israeli F-15A and C have always carried the original two-grey scheme, with the lighter being grey FS 36375 and the darker being grey FS 36320. The two colours are also known as light ghost grey and dark ghost grey and are available in pretty much every modeling paint range. The radome was originally also in 36320 but this often becomes darker and you can really choose your grey here.

FS 36251 is used as the lighter colour in the current USAF scheme, where the darker grey is FS 36176. Don't know how Italeri managed to mess the instructions so badly here, they are well known for providing wrong info but proposing a blue like 35109 is very weird

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Should say that I did get an email back from Italeri a week after asking them confirming this.

Dear Sir,

thank you for your mail and your patience, herewith we inform you that the correct colours are F.S. 36320 and F.S. 36375.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we wish you a good job.

Best regards,

Italeri S.p.A.