Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger Porsche turret version

Here it is pretty much finished.

Looks good for an early model King tiger with only a few scuffs and dings. Maybe could use some more muck on the tracks, especially the left front.

That decal film doesn't show in real life but of course the camera sees it. I ruined 3 sets of numbers trying to apply them to the zimmerit and since

this is the last set of 1/16 numbers they will have to do. And half a bottle of decal set too, at the point where it was starting to dissolve the paint.

I didn't bother painting the turret ring and gear as the turret is a very tight fit. Maybe someday I'll do something about that, maybe.  The upper hull is

removable to show off but I didn't want to do that outside, too windy as usual here in Alberta.

TBvKeoD.jpgOXDInlK.jpgu2yyiNR.jpg7ZydOJI.jpgFUvCCB6.jpgPlkb845.jpgeHRwqWz.jpghCUvNrK.jpg7fjhCFe.jpgPxWXnOW.jpgt392dEa.jpgMf3IAOc.jpgr1mn8Wl.jpgc8PbSpA.jpgtWAfoDm.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Here are my 1/16 Tigers, a small task force. I need a bigger bench.

The Porsche version needs more track work for sure, have to pull them off once again.

The Henschel is a bigger turret but has less frontal area and I prefer the look. That Jagdtiger is one mean looking beast, low slung and menacing, a

real killer.

grzf0qL.jpgJGTZXk6.jpg3DqfLeW.jpg70eJnJ0.jpgleCufM5.jpghI4vmpH.jpghvCZXI6.jpgO1R8F1D.jpgHoRt2NW.jpggHFWmDv.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks Stix

Thanks Widow

I managed to tone down that decal film with about 3 coats of dullcote and some more dirt.  I pulled the tracks off to re-paint

and do a better job on the weathering so more pics coming.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 1

Thanks Badder

Wonder how big a 1/16 diorama would have to be to get all 3 of these and 2 Panzer IVs into it? 

Pretty damned big and then there's a T-34 and a SU-100 to fit in there somewhere too.  My

back yard probably isn't big enough.

Take care,

Lloyd

• 4 weeks later...

Some final forgotten things like some dry brushing on the track teeth and the track faces and more muck. Then a couple of final interior shots before the lid goes on. No weathering

inside the turret as it's mostly hidden.

The fat lady has sung on this one.

rUVDJkf.jpgksggxcG.jpgYV7tNF9.jpgmh5dNPf.jpg5vt66ja.jpgLPJ8SHI.jpgz50hXJA.jpgkwlD9yW.jpg