Will's Bf109E **Finished**

malpaso

If nothing else, this GB really shows us how far plastic models have evolved in the last few decades. Bottom line, we have very little right to criticize today's kits when we see what passed for state of the art in the 60s and 70s. And we were so happy with them (that is, for the modellers who had already been manufactured then).

Will, I really like your take on this Emil! Great show!!!

JR

• Like 4

Hmm, I tried a bit of weathering but slightly overdid it.  I think there must have been a catastrophic oil loss from the DB601.  However with a bit of drybrushing, smoke paint and Citadel brown wash have brought it more or less to heel.  The photo or light makes the blue stand out more than in real life.

43438476000_cb815c66fb_b.jpg

I'll matt varnish again tonight, then it's just removing the canopy masks and adding the aerial mast and wing MGs and it'll be done for the deadline.

Cheers

Will

• Like 4

Well, I'm calling this done.  I'll try to put some better photos on the gallery on Sunday.

45276473151_2ab9fd7667_b.jpg45226957792_9f773b7dd1_b.jpg45226958102_3d1d448413_b.jpg

I really like these 70s Airfix kits.  They generally fit together quite well, look like what they're meant to and don't have ludicrous numbers of parts.  I've had fun anyway.

Cheers

Will

• Like 7

That's a top effort Will. This thread has been very entertaining from start to fabulous finish. This 109 is come up a treat.

Cheers and thanks so much for taking part.. Dave

• Like 3